Sensibo Sky, Smart Home Air Conditioner System – Quick & Easy Installation. Maintains Comfort with Energy Efficient App – Automatic On/Off. WiFi, Google, Alexa and Siri. (Grey)
|Special Feature||Portable,Eco Friendly,Energy Efficient,Lightweight,Wifi|
|Product Dimensions||2.17'D x 3.23'W x 0.67'H|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||Sensibo Sky|
|Item Weight||0.15 Pounds|
|Control Method||App, Remote, Voice|
|Controller Type||IFTTT, Voice Control|
- SMART AC CONTROL – Turn your existing air conditioner or your mini split / ductless / heat pump system into a smart AC, reducing your cooling bills by up to 40%! The smartphone app allows you to take any remote controlled AC unit and have it maintain a comfortable home temperature from anywhere. This lightweight unit is only 3.2” X 2.2” X 0.8”, is wall mounted and comes in eco friendly packaging.
- EASY SETUP – Simply plug in your Sensibo Sky, connect to WiFi, launch the app, and enjoy a smarter, connected environment. Sensibo Sky connects with all remote controlled AC units in addition to smart home devices such as Google, Alexa, and Siri for use from your phone or desktop apps. Works with window AC, Mini Split/Ductless ACs or heat pumps and portable ACs.
- SMART FEATURES – Geofencing activates your air conditioner, or any remote-controlled AC unit before you arrive and turns off when everyone leaves. Climate React scans both temperature and humidity, using a dual setpoint to maintain a comfortable ‘real feel’ temperature, never letting the room get uncomfortable. 7-day full week programming, conditional programming and voice control via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Nest, Siri and others.
- EASY TO USE – Sensibo Mobile (Android & iOS) and Web Apps for PC and Mac make it easy to control your home’s temperature from anywhere. Set unique temperature and humidity preferences for any room remotely or use the 7 days scheduler.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE – Sensibo, the smart air conditioner or window ACs controller company is a leader in home comfort. We work hard to ensure that all you need to do is define your comfort zone and our customer support team is always available, making sure you and your home are comfortable all year round.
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
1.27 x 0.85 x 0.26 inches
|Number Of Pieces||
|Battery Cell Type|
|Certification Smart device certification|
Frequently asked question
You want three separate Sensibo units so you can program each location differently. That's particularly true if you use the 'Climate React' feature which can have the device turn on/off at certain temperatures/humidity levels. Also, note each one is the IR device that communicates with your device--they need to be in… see more You want three separate Sensibo units so you can program each location differently. That's particularly true if you use the 'Climate React' feature which can have the device turn on/off at certain temperatures/humidity levels. Also, note each one is the IR device that communicates with your device--they need to be in the same room with line of sight.
No, Sensibo is not compatible with Pellet Stoves.
It's based on Geofencing, not a motion sensor. The mode is called Location Awareness which when enabled will turn your a/c off when leaving and on before you arrive.
Yes, you can set the temperature using Alexa
5 reviews for Sensibo Sky, Smart Home Air Conditioner System – Quick & Easy Installation. Maintains Comfort with Energy Efficient App – Automatic On/Off. WiFi, Google, Alexa and Siri. (Grey)
05 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
I have struggled for 3 years with my heat pump’s crappy remote. It only allowed programming on a day by day basis i.e. I had to set it every day as to when to turn off and when to turn on, and that was the extent of any program. The Sensibo completely resolves this shortcoming. Set multiple times throughout any day of the week to turn on or off or change the thermostat setting. It also plots the temperature for the last 24 hours. It has an intuitive user interface. Installation was fairly easy. I made the mistake of not giving the app permission to track my location and as a result an error occurs when trying to connect my phone to the device.
My only complaint is that an account was required (free) and I had to specify my WiFi network password. You do not have the option of simply controlling the device with your phone. The only advantage of an account is that you can control the thermostat and observe temperatures when you are away from home. If you are nervous about privacy or security concerns, this device might not be for you.10/11/2022Verified Purchase
Some limitations initially, but quickly worked it out with their awesome customer service.
Update: I should have updated this some time ago but been putting it off for too long. I initially the device had some limitations for my preferred use, as can be read in my initial review below. However, I contacted Sensibo customer support and they were able to set up a date and time with me to go over the various missing functions. A few days later, the device worked the way I wanted, with all the functions of my Daikin mini-split the way I wanted them to work.
What can I say, the device now works the way I wanted. Given it some thought, and it kind of makes sense they cannot have detailed settings for the hundreds (thousands?) of different AC units in the world, right out of the box, but the fact that they’re more than willing to work with you to get the device working the way you want, makes up for it all in my opinion, hence the updated 5 stars from originally 4.
I’m about to order a second device for another AC unit, they definitely made me a happy customer! 🙂
Original review: After the installation of a new ‘dumb’ mini split A/C unit, I wanted something that I could use to make the unit more ‘smart’, and after having compared several devices, I felt Sensibo was the one coming closest to what I wanted. Unfortunately, it is not without some dislikes.
Let me start by saying that the install was very simple. You place the device somewhere in range of the infrared eye of the A/C unit, plug the device in, make sure you have the app downloaded, and then follow the setup instructions on your app. In my case it started with simply turning the A/C unit on and off while aimed at the Sensibo device, and the Sensibo registered what remote I had. At this point things started to work, almost flawlessly.
I’m saying ‘almost flawlessly’ because it had some hiccups. For some reason, when I started using the Climate React function (which basically uses either the actual temperature, feel temperature, or humidity levels to do something), it turned out it wasn’t always working (meaning, the log said the device turned on or off, but it didn’t actually do anything, no blue indicator light that it was transmitting, nothing). I contacted support, and while I received an answer that did not actually help me at the time, the device miraculously started working correctly.
Another thing that did not work right away was, while the device did register the IR signals for my remote for the most basic functions, it did not actually see the other functions my remote and A/C unit has available. It only showed Cool, Dry, Fan, few fan levels and that was about it. My actual A/C unit, however, is capable of so much more. So I contacted support again (who, by the way, is the main reason they are getting four stars, and not just three), giving them my remote control’s product number, and I received a quick reply back, telling me that they updated my Sensibo’s settings and that I should log out and back into the app. Sure enough, much more functions became available for me to control.
I like that I am able to have my A/C unit turn on and off automatically at a specific feel temperature setting through Climate React, which seems to be about right. My A/C unit is capable of doing this on it’s own, but that does mean it has to stay on (it switches between cool and fan in that case), so the Sensibo makes it more efficient by using less electricity. Another thing I like is that it is hooked into the Google Homes, and can simply ask Google what temperature it is inside, ask it to turn the A/C on or off etc.
One thing I don’t like, and this is pretty major to me, as it makes me turn off Climate React at times and use the original A/C remote control instead, is that Sensibo is not capable of controlling my vertical and horizontal fan slats independently. My A/C unit is capable of 3D airflow (up/down/left/right), and while Sensibo is capable of doing that, it is unable to just do left/right or up/down by itself, while my A/C unit does have that capability. I personally don’t like the fan slats going up/down, as it blows cold air straight onto us, so I like them to be in the most upper position (my A/C unit calls that the ‘comfort setting’), Sensibo isn’t able to do this, and keeps setting the slats back to the middle position, meaning it blows air onto us. I also like to have my A/C unit automatically blow the air from left to right with the vertical slats, so the entire room gets cool air, but the Sensibo is again incapable of doing this by itself. Meaning I still end up using the original remote from time to time, making the Sensibo a bit obsolete.
While I do recommend this product as it works, if I had a better understanding of it all in advance, I would probably not have purchased the Sensibo due to the limitations. The reason I am keeping it and wont be returning is simply because I hope they will update the software at some point, adding the missing features, or perhaps make it self-learning so we can add the missing features ourselves.08/24/2022Verified Purchase
Easy connection for older mini splits
Setup only took a min or two. The only missing feature is an outdoor temp based control…like when during the day it’s >,30F but at night dips down to the teens… would be nice to have the system turn off in the cold and let the boiler take over and turn back on when it’s warmer08/03/2022Verified Purchase
Best smart devise with app
I was able to set it up in mins.
Easy, simple to use. I don’t need to pay for the upgrade use of SENSIBO PLUS. I just needed to be able to turn on and off while away, which is perfect. I can set a temp control and or timer so when I go to sleep.
You do need a good signal so that it can work well with wifi.06/07/2022Verified Purchase
I have been keeping my eye on this product for a long time. Just could not get myself to spend the money on the device when I have a remote sitting right next to me. I just wasn’t sure it was worth over $100 to not have to click the remote numerous times throughout the day to keep from being too cold or too hot. But then I got enough points on the California OhmConnect program to get one for free. I must say, I am overall pretty impressed. By the way, I use the Sensibo Sky to operate my DeLonghi Portable Air Conditioner PAC AN280HG1W-3A in a 120 sq ft shed that I call the Home Office in the back yard.
1) Climate react is great. I have mine turn on at 72 degrees and off at 70 degrees. My backyard office shed only needs AC even though the unit can do heat. I have no review in how Sensibo manages super cold weather with a 3-in-1 AC unit. All the computing hardware keeps the shed warm out here even in the winter months. The office is always at the perfect temp in the summer now and I do not have to think about it all day. +1 for Sensibo.
2) The APIs are great. I can do everything that the app can do from Postman or an AWS Lambda Function
3) The iOS app is pretty decent. No real complaints other than the cons below.
4) I have no AC power Sync issues. I see many other that complain of this issue. I only use the Sensibo app or Alexa or an API call to operate the AC. I have put the AC remote away and instructed everyone in the family to not touch the control panel. By taking this step, the AC has thus far ALWAYS been in Sync with the Sensibo.
5) The physical unit is much smaller than I had imagined. Mounted under sit/stand my desk between a powered grommet and the cable tray. Super clean install.
1) No schedule for Climate React. This is a huge con. This is BASIC functionality of any smart controller. By making it a subscription based feature you are basically selling me a $119 *DUMB* AC controller that I have to pay a monthly charge to make it smart. This is just a greedy power play by the manufacturer. If you are going to charge me $5 per month for the unit to be fully functional, then the base unit should only be $39.99. I feel like you are right up there with printer ink. At the cost of ink, the printer should be free. At the cost of your subscription service, the unit should be free. I simply won’t recommend paying for Sensibo Plus. I will just use a CloudWatch Event and a Lambda Function to toggle Climate React on and off. Anyone deep in home automation can simply use a Broadlink RM Mini 3 to do all the same functionality as Sensibo for $90 cheaper and no monthly subscription. So, dump the lame monthly subscription and give us a Smart AC controller. I do not mind paying $119 for your unit but if you nickel and dime me with a subscription for basic functions then I will just make my own.
2) Same goes with Geofencing as a plus feature. I will do all of your paid features in HomeAssistant and AWS Lambda. A one time $20 fee for plus features…fine. At $60 per year, your value just isn’t there.
Overall, I like the unit. It has been good so far. I just really hate the ROI of Sensibo Plus. The value isn’t there. Just too expensive and unnecessary. It is right up there with having to pay a subscription for a smart light bulb. One where it turns on and off for free but brightness and color temp can only be controlled for $2.99 per month. Nobody would buy that subscription. I expect very few would buy Sensibo plus. I hope they don’t.. Sensibo Plus makes no sense to the consumer and you should expect the consumer to revolt. This would have been a SOLID five stars if there were no subscription model.04/16/2022Verified Purchase