TurboLock Keyless Electronic Keypad Entry Door Lock Smart Knob Kit with Automatic Locking, Battery Backup & Easy Installation (No Bluetooth, Bronze)
|Lock Type||Keypad Lock|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches|
- SIMPLE TO USE – Program the keyless door locks with a master code, a standard entry code, and up to 8 user specific codes.
- EASY TO INSTALL – Replaces most standard U.S. front door locks, installs in minutes, and fits both left and right hinged doors.
- SAFE AUTOMATIC LOCKING –3 seconds after being opened, the electronic door lock will automatically lock behind you.
- SMART BATTERY BACKUP –The digital lock is equipped with a backup battery port in the event that your batteries run out.
- YEAR-ROUND DURABILITY – No smart lock is completely water-proof. But our keyless entry lock is constructed from weather-ready stainless steel, rated IP65 dust- and water-resistant to better withstand the elements.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
1 year manufacturer
6.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches
Turbolock,User Manual, Strike Plate
Frequently asked question
The door knob locks automatically when the door is shut. Make sure you know the code if you go out and shut the door behind you. Because it is locked ( unable to open the lock without the code being entered) there is no parts to turn on the inside half of the door knob, it’s smooth. It catches on the inside, but, not o… see more The door knob locks automatically when the door is shut. Make sure you know the code if you go out and shut the door behind you. Because it is locked ( unable to open the lock without the code being entered) there is no parts to turn on the inside half of the door knob, it’s smooth. It catches on the inside, but, not outside without the code being entered
Did you find one lock for your door? I need one too.
Have you tried pulling out the batteries, then resetting the code?
I have mine on an outside door that is exposed to rain and snow and it’s fine I’m unsure if it’s waterproof
2 reviews for TurboLock Keyless Electronic Keypad Entry Door Lock Smart Knob Kit with Automatic Locking, Battery Backup & Easy Installation (No Bluetooth, Bronze)
02 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Ok to start with I have had my first lock for about a year and I’m talking about the
TurboLock Keyless Electronic Keypad Entry Door Lock Smart Knob Kit with Automatic Locking, Battery Backup & Easy Installation (No Bluetooth, Bronze) If you read the directions properly you should have no issues. I have only had one small one , that’s with the battery cover the tips don’t allow it to slide into place and they will break off easy. That does not stop it from working. I love this lock and so does my son he like he don’t have to carry keys when just taking a bike ride or coming home from the store and not having to fumble for keys only to drop them a few times when your hands are full. I like it coming home at night I can see because the keypad lights up and I like being able to use up to 8 numbers for just my code only because it’s harder for someone to guess your code plus it has # and other ones you can pick from. Of corse it won’t open if you forget your code or mispush the numbers needed to open it. Like I said I’ve had mine over a year and have had no issues with it working. I just changed my batteries mine were not dead but what idiot would wait for them to die just change them like you do with your smoke detector like at daylight saving time.
If you forget then blame yourself not the product
I’m keeping my backup power in a locked area outside that I can get to. It works GREAT NO ISSUES JUST THE BATTERY COVER. I would not use the Bluetooth one I rather have this one I don’t want to pull out my phone another thing to fumble with. I also bought another one for another door
I use this one on my security door and a deadbolt on the inside to use when home as well on the security door , Then I have a deadbolt push button one on my inside steel door. Very happy with them
Alright here is an update the company is taking care of my issue with the battery cover so I’m s very happy camper as I said this is a great door lock I checked my order the first one I bought was in 2017 so it’s still going strong. With that said any company can have one that kicks out a lemon give it another try and reach out to them if there is a problem they stand up for their products. I’m including a picture of my turbo lock.08/07/2022Verified Purchase
Surprisingly nice. Good quality, Looks nice, Easy to Install, Works Great, Proper feature set
PRO: I REALLY like this product. (I tried one initially to make sure and now have 3) I bought the bronze and it has a nice finish, feels & looks well made, all metal inside and out (besides the plastic battery/electronics compartment) with nice heavy/sturdy feel with smooth action (I hate door handles that feel like there are about to fall off every time you use them). I thought it might look too big, but it doesn’t, looks nice installed. This is a great easy solution, especially for doors without an existing deadbolt, so you can just use the standard door latch for a lock. Install only takes a screwdriver and 5 minutes. Obviously a deadbolt is a bit more secure, but [almost] any door/lock can be broken with the right force applied ,)
Another reviewer complained about the backup battery pack. I think it’s a brilliant solution…
– I don’t want another lock with physical key access that can be [easily] picked
– Physical keys have always had basic problems… lost, stolen, duplicates?, where to hide, etc.
– You don’t have to put batteries in the backup until you need it… its just a separate battery pack to power the lock if the batteries in the lock die… it has nothing to do with the passcodes or settings in the lock, those must be in a Non-volatile RAM inside the device.
I put mine (battery backup) in the house fire safe which is in a hidden location (outside the turbolock’d doors ,)
Also a reviewer mentioned that the passcodes sometimes don’t take. I had NO issues, but my wife did right away, so we did a couple of quick tests. The keypad is pretty tightly packed on the front of the knob and, and it was easy to see (because of her nails) she was often slightly hitting 2 keys at once. So, it’s just about being a bit careful when keying in the codes.
No CONS, but some observations…
– In passage mode (no codes required), you still have to press any [single] key on keypad, to wake up the device to open the door. I’m sure this is obviously to save battery… not an issue at all, but it’s there, and different than a basic latch
– The programming is a tiny bit fussy.
– Make sure you keep the instructions in a safe place, some of the modes / sequences are not easily remembered. (The full PDF of the instructions are online and downloadable)
Overall, I think this is a very nice, elegant solution to a common problem and the price is right. A really nice value even compared to a normal door latch. I will see how they last/work over time, but I like what I see so far a lot!
I would definitely recommend.
Note: I would like to see a feature enhancement… For the bluetooth version, would be nice if they could add a tampering alert/email/log that would let you know when/if someone tries to open the door when its locked, ie jiggles the knob, etc… tying that in with other home automation devices like your home security cameras could be very cool… nice to have but not required.04/05/2022Verified Purchase