Centralite Temperature and Humidity Sensor – Monitors Room Climate – Detects High Humidity, Low Temperatures, Prevents Pipe Burst due to Freezing – Works with Smartthings, Hubitat, Ezlo, Vera, Zigbee
- Reduce Wasted Energy: By monitoring in-home temperature and humidity changes, the 3-Series Temperature & Humidity Sensor can extend the sensing capabilities of your connected home. Use the sensor to automatically send commands to your HVAC system which can then adjust to your comfort level and help prevent wasted energy by turning on or off your HVAC unit based on temperature thresholds that you choose.
- Save Energy, Save Money: Another significant advantage of installing temperature sensors is that you will save money by lowering your utility bills. Because these products use less energy, your home or office will require less electricity to power everything. As a result, the monthly cost for this particular expense is reduced.
- Longer Battery Life and Range: The 3-Series Temperature and Humidity Sensor now comes with longer battery life and extended range. A better signal implies timely and reliable information, which allows you to respond more quickly in the event of temperature sensitive alarm. The battery has a two-year lifespan and can be easily replaced.
- Sensor Compatibility and Range: The 3-Series Temperature and Humidity Sensor works with SmartThings, Hubitat, Ezlo, Vera, and all ZigBee platforms that support the indoor temperature and humidity monitoring functions. In addition, the operating temperature range is 0 to 40°C. Temperature range for shipping and storage: -20 to 50°C. The humidity range is 0 to 90% R.H.
- Customer Satisfaction: Because your comfort is Centralite’s top priority, we stand behind our Centralite 3-Series Water Sensor. Any quality issues are resolved with a replacement or reimbursement. If you experience any difficulties while installing the Centralite 3-Series Water Sensor, please contact us and our customer care team will be happy to assist you.
Device detailed description
Centralite Temperature and Humidity Sensor
The Centralite Temperature and Humidity Sensor is a long-range wireless sensor that can send temperature and humidity readings to your smart home hub. This sensor is perfect for monitoring rooms or buildings that do not have built-in temperature control. Very useful for receiving a low-temperature alarm before pipes freeze. It also has a variety of other uses, such as checking on the conditions of cigar humidors, wine cellars, or any other object or space that is temperature and/or humidity sensitive. Install the humidity sensor in basements or other areas where mould and mildew might grow due to high levels of humidity. Determine trouble areas before costly repairs are necessary.
Our Quality – Your Brand.
Centralite offers a large portfolio of home automation devices, either under the Centralite brand or white labeled with custom packaging featuring an OEM customer & customer look and brand.
Where you can Use Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Install the sensor in a basement or another place where mould and mildew might grow because to excessive humidity levels. Determine trouble areas before costly repairs are necessary.
- Also install within the refrigerator or freezer to avoid losing pricey refrigerated and frozen meals due to equipment failure or power outage. Commercial walk-in coolers are also available.
- Check the temperature of rooms or buildings that do not have temperature control, such as receiving a low-temperature alarm before water pipes freeze.
- Keep an eye on your cigar humidor, wine cellar, or any other object or space that is temperature and humidity sensors.
Operating Temperature:0 to 40°C
Shipping/Storage Temperature:-20 to 50°C
Humidity Range:0 to 90% R.H. (non-condensing)
1-Year Limited Warranty.
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Batteries Type of batteries used|
|Battery Cell Type|
Frequently asked question
You can select the 'SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor' device handler.
Mine appears to give an update whenever the temperature changes by 1 degree F.
Yes, this device now works with the Echo Plus. I tested it this morning and you can have Alexa a custom phrase when it detects motion. For example, when it detects motion you can have it say'motion detected in living room'. The Centralite contact sensor also works with the Echo Plus. You can trigger lights to be contro… see more Yes, this device now works with the Echo Plus. I tested it this morning and you can have Alexa a custom phrase when it detects motion. For example, when it detects motion you can have it say'motion detected in living room'. The Centralite contact sensor also works with the Echo Plus. You can trigger lights to be controlled based off sensor events now too.
It is not weather sealed, or really the right kind of plastic to be exposed to UV to use outside. And taking a look at the circuit board, there is no conformal coating. So my best answer to you would be that is not a great idea, no. If you needed something short term (say a week or so) and it wasn't directly exposed to… see more It is not weather sealed, or really the right kind of plastic to be exposed to UV to use outside. And taking a look at the circuit board, there is no conformal coating. So my best answer to you would be that is not a great idea, no. If you needed something short term (say a week or so) and it wasn't directly exposed to weather, it would probably work just fine, but for long term, I would look for a more robust, outside rated device.
6 reviews for Centralite Temperature and Humidity Sensor – Monitors Room Climate – Detects High Humidity, Low Temperatures, Prevents Pipe Burst due to Freezing – Works with Smartthings, Hubitat, Ezlo, Vera, Zigbee
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Battery Life, 3 months at best
This is a great replacement for the discontinued Samsung detectors – HOWEVER, battery life (at least on the one unit that I purchased) has been poor. Although I used the same fresh lithium batteries as in the Samsung sensors the best that I can get is 3 months (Samsung gives about a year). This installation is under a dishwasher, so access is not simple. I am reluctant to purchase others at this point.09/12/2022Verified Purchase
Easy to install in Hubitat
These are Zigbee temperature sensors, and I was able to install all four of them in my Hubitat hub within 15 minutes without any issue whatsoever. I have since checked the accuracy of the units and their calibration is within +/- 1 degree F and the humidity +/- 2 percent for typical room temperatures, which was within specs. The units are a little slow in responding to temperature and humidity change, not surprisingly since the sensors sit inside of a plastic case which restricts air flow somewhat. However, for me this isn’t a problem since I’m using them to monitor room temperature for my HVAC system and I’m seeing accurate readings within 5 minutes or so after a temperature change occurs.08/28/2022Verified Purchase
Simple and straightforward
Using this with Smart Things v2 hub
Provides temp and humidity. The device view on the app implies it is supposed to poll every 10 minutes or so, but maybe it doesn’t record if temp is consistent. It does give temp and humidity history every hour for a 24 hrs and then averages on a daily basis for a month. Sometimes humidity doesn’t poll for several hours.
Last I checked temp was reasonably accurate compared to a digital kitchen thermal probe, and I don’t have an accurate means to verify humidity.
Small, easy to connect and use. Comes with mounting bracket and double stick tape. Haven’t had to replace batteries yet (several months).
Great value.08/24/2022Verified Purchase
Would be 5 stars with more convenient battery.
The sensor has excellent range, and it’s small size makes it easy to place where my cat won’t trip it.
My one minor gripe is that it uses a button battery instead of AAA, AA, or even usb recharging. When the battery dies, it’s it’s not going to be a type I have on hand.08/01/2022Verified Purchase
I like it’s size and function. My first about a year old required a battery change which was easy. I could not get it to pair again after the change. I do not have time at this point to con-fir with support to see if there is anything else I can do. So I ordered another and it’s working fine.04/03/2022Verified Purchase
I use a few of these in conjunction with my Samsung SmartThings
I use these all over. Mainly for a lot of my reptiles. Each individual reptile enclosure in multiple areas. I also have a set in each of my refrigerators so I can keep track of their internal temperatures.
They’re pretty reliable other than every couple weeks one or two of them will randomly fall offline. And then randomly start working again a day later.
They never stay Offline that long, but for the price they definitely do an excellent job of logging historical data of all of my enclosures04/01/2022Verified Purchase