Philips Hue White Outdoor PAR38 13W Smart Bulbs (Philips Hue Hub required), 2 White PAR38 LED Smart Bulbs, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant
|Special Feature||Never opened|
|Light Color||Warm White|
- Automate your lights to welcome you home. Add a Philips hue White Par38 outdoor floodlight to your system, powerful bright White light that you can control remotely. Screw it into your existing Par38 Fixtures. Hue bridge not included. For the full Hue experience and to take advantage of voice activation purchase the Philips Hue Hub (Model: 458471). Search ‘Philips Hue Hub’ or ‘B016H0QZ7I’ to find this product on Amazon.
- Voice control: control your Philips hue lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple home kit, or Google assistant. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest products or Samsung SmartThings system
- Highlight your outdoor space with dimmable warm White light (3000K). the floodlight can be connected to your existing hue bridge for features like away from home control and geofencing. Bridge not included
- Resistant, high quality weatherproof material. lifetime up to 25, 000 hours and 3 year warranty. One Philips hue White Par38 smart floodlight included
- For best connectivity your first Philips hue outdoor light should be located within 30 ft from the hub or the closest hue light in your house. You can extend the distance up tp 60 ft from one hue outdoor light to the next one. Metal and certain other materials can block the signal
Device detailed description
Automate your lights for easy control and comfort. Add a Philips hue White Par38 outdoor floodlight to your system and enhance your outdoors with powerful bright White light that you can control remotely. Screw it into your existing Par38 fixtures. Automate your lights to welcome you home. Hue bridge not included.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
|Type of Bulb|
|Luminous Flux (Lumens)|
2 Philips hue White PAR38 Smart Bulb
4.72 x 4.72 x 4.92 inches
|Number Of Pieces||
|Color Temperature (K)|
Frequently asked question
I’m not an expert but my understanding is that you need the Hue bridge to control the lights. I have an iPhone and Apple Watch and use both to control my lights but that is done thru the Hue bridge. As an aside, the thought of adding another “black box” to my home (i.e., the Hue bridge) was not appealing to me at… see more I’m not an expert but my understanding is that you need the Hue bridge to control the lights. I have an iPhone and Apple Watch and use both to control my lights but that is done thru the Hue bridge. As an aside, the thought of adding another “black box” to my home (i.e., the Hue bridge) was not appealing to me at first but now that I have it and understand how it works I can see the benefits of having it control the 20+ lights (and growing) I have around the house. The Bridge provides a very nice interface for control timing, grouping, geo-fencing, and dimming/color schemes among other things. The Hue app is on my first page of apps on my phone and is the only one I use to control/configure my lights. BTW, the Bridge also works seamlessly with Amazon Echo and Alexa voice commands is how I access my lights 9 times out of 10 for random events.
Yes. I was able to use a 20 year old fixture on my back porch with it. This light worked out great. I love that you can program it to turn on and off through the Hue app.
I have my nest cameras turn on my lights using the IFTTT app.
Yes in order to control you need the hub.
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Works really well, very bright and dimmable. Integrated with Alexa well like other Hues products. I use it outdoors no problem.09/12/2022Verified Purchase
Not as bright as I would have liked but works very well08/24/2022Verified Purchase
Some are Glitchy. 50/50 Shot for Us
Bought the 2 pack and was really happy. Ability to control them was good with a few exceptions for ‘unreachable’ issues. Then winter came and all of a sudden one of the lights became wacky. Flickering was uncontrollable, but at least we could turn it off from the app. Pain in the butt since both lights were on a motion detector. Sometimes both lights worked fine. Then hit a point where the crazy light would not quit flickering and became ‘unreachable’. We finally, climbed to the second story roof and moved the two bulbs to the other’s socket. The bulb remained flickering and ‘unreachable’. Tried changing the bridge channel and that seemed to work… for 48 hours or so. The back to crazy flickering and ‘unreachable’. More channel changing and it’s no longer fixing the issue. Found the breaker (there is no switch) and shut the power off for a couple of minutes hoping to reset the bulb per website support. Nothing. The light is flickering 24 hours a day and ‘unreachable’. All the while, the other bulb has been just fine. After 2 nights of crazy, we pulled out the ladder again and took the bulb down. Once inside, we put it in a lamp base and the light worked just fine. Since the 2 lights we purchased were on one fixture, we did not expect it was a distance issue. But, started checking for distance from the bridge. Basement corner furthest from bridge, no problem. Outside on front porch far from bridge and it was flickering and ‘unreachable’ at some point within the hour. Brought it back inside and it was fine. Put it on the porch closer to the bridge and it was fine for about 48 hours. Then crazy and ‘unreachable’. Back inside a couple of days and it is fine. Back out on the porch for a couple of days and so far ok. At this point, it appears that temperature is driving the issue. The light is working fine above 20 and becomes crazy when it’s under 20 degrees outside. First pass at customer support was a waste. Will have to try again.
Update as of 2/11/2020: Customer service responded on Jan 29th including this:
‘In order to move forward, I need some additional information regarding the product and installation.
– Photographs of the etching on the bulb and the date code
– Photographs of the fixture with the power turned off and a picture of the inside of the socket
– A copy of your register receipt, if available
– Hours of operation per day
– When was the product purchased
– The application the product was used in (i.e. recessed can, table lamp, etc)
– Please provide complete shipping address for verification ‘
Although much of the information had been provided in two service tickets already, we provided all the information on 1/29/2020. On 2/11/2020 I followed up for a second time.
Update 2/13/2020: Rec’d an email on 2/11/2020 with a note that my ticket had been escalated. Rec’d a voicemail on 2/12 to call customer contact and provide shipping address. Called today and provided shipping address (again) and am expecting a replacement to come soon.06/23/2022Verified Purchase
Product works as advertised, arrived on time, packaged well. Installed and didn’t worry about being out of town for a couple of days since these turn on/off automatically06/16/2022Verified Purchase
Decent outside hue lights
i have hue lights throughout my home and these were recently added to my outdoor space. its a decent enough light but may not be as bright as some persons would need it to be for their space. other than that it would get a 5 star rating from me05/17/2022Verified Purchase
Does the job
I have this on a schedule to turn on & off at certain times. It does it’s job & is bright enough to light up the porch at night.04/29/2022Verified Purchase