SimpliSafe 12 Piece Wireless Home Security System w/HD Camera – Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring – No Contract – Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
|Recommended Uses For Product||Surveillance, Security|
|Model Name||12 Piece Wireless Home Security System|
|Special Feature||Motion Sensor, Night Vision, HD Resolution, 2 Way Audio, Motion Sensor, Image Sensor|
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes – no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 60c/day – No contracts (SimpliSafe products and professional monitoring services are only offered for sale and supported in the US)
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range – no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
- Backups for your backups. Up to 24 hour battery and dual Wi-Fi & cellular connections to keep your home secure and protected from the unexpected.
- We’ve got you covered – Customize your SimpliSafe security system with additional sensors for whole home protection – up to 100
- Pair your SimpliSafe security system with your preferred smart home integration platform – Works with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant
- 1 Year Warranty: Purchase of any SimpliSafe products from unauthorized third parties voids the manufacturer warranty
Device detailed description
Of the 126 million homes in America, only 20% have home security. At SimpliSafe, we’re changing that. Our goal is simple: to make homes safe for everyone, and not with false security, but with real protection. Our frustration-free DIY home surveillance system bundles have precise sensors to know the difference between a family pet and an unwanted intruder, and are designed with long range sensors for entire home protection. SimpliSafe is for homes of all sizes and is built with unprecedented safeguards to keep your home protected against power outages, downed Wi-Fi, cut landlines, and physical attacks from hammers, bats, and more. This easy-to-use wireless system is full of surveillance products small enough to disappear into your home and provide blanket protection. Breathe easy with proper protection at a safe and reasonable price. The 12-piece wireless Security bundle provides 24/7 security with a smash safe keypad that is soft to touch, easy to use during the day and night, and requires no plug (meaning you can place it anywhere), and will alert the police in case of attack. The base station is like your personal security guard: It sends alarm signals to the monitoring center with a built-in cellular connection, 24-hour battery backup, and a 95dB siren. Each entry sensor (5 total) protects your doors and windows and is designed to disappear and blend into the background. The 2 motion sensors are designed for human detection, no pet detection. The key fob lets you arm and disarm your system with The press of a button – A fantastic addition for anyone who might forget their pin code. The extra 105dB siren can be placed inside or outside the house to scare off burglars and alert neighbors to a break-in. The simplicity gives you flawless HD video and audio streaming as well as a 120° field of vision day and night. Enjoy effective, contract-free 24/7 professional monitoring, and make sure your home is the safest place on earth.
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Item Package Quantity||
1 Year Warranty
13.3 x 13.2 x 6.8 inches
|Batteries Type of batteries used|
|Number Of Pieces||
|Battery Cell Type|
Base station, keypad, 5 entry sensors, 2 motion sensors, 1 keyfob, 1 panic button, 1 SimpliCam security camera
Frequently asked question
The tower is its own tower. It will still work. I did not have internet when I first got the Simplisafe Original and it still dispatched the police to my location. You will need internet for the camera to work though. The system itself does not need internet or a telephone connection.
If your system includes either the Smoke Detector or Carbon Monoxide Detector, fire dispatch is included under the same 24/7 monitoring.
Yes, the camera does have audio, and will pick up voices.
My daughter has had an SS system for several years and they had at least 3 different entry codes for the house she shared with her roommates in college.
6 reviews for SimpliSafe 12 Piece Wireless Home Security System w/HD Camera – Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring – No Contract – Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Home and family Safe at reasonable price
Great product, plug and play type installation, good price for service and product. Didn’t have to pay a bundle like other security products and I could install it. Recommended to me with another product alternative but person has it for his family so that was enough for me.08/19/2022Verified Purchase
Easy to use and install.
I like the easy set up and would give it a five star if this package would come with a doorbell cam instead of the indoor cam. But otherwise I do like it.06/26/2022Verified Purchase
This is my third system and I love it!
I have added the Simplisafe system to yet another residence in record time! 5 door sensors, 15 window sensors, keypad and extra siren installed and 100% functional in less than 2 hours, right out of the box! With my first generation system it was more difficult to install and set up but the next generation product was a snap! I am surprised to hear the problems mentioned in the other reviews as I have had zero problems or issues. Would I buy it again? As I said this is my third purchase so YES!06/08/2022Verified Purchase
easy to install
pretty easy to install needed a little help from customer service, system seems to work great just what i needed!06/05/2022Verified Purchase
Some claims are misleading - 2yr Upate
There are a few things not mentioned here that you may want to know about before purchasing this system.
1) There are 2 plans with Simplisafe, $14.99/mo or $24.99/mo. Neither this ad, nor the Simplisafe website (at least I couldn’t find it) says anything about the $24.99 plan. But most important about the plan issue is that this claim is not true at 50 cents/day: “The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.” You have to have the $24.99/mo plan. With the $14.99 plan, I can’t arm or disarm my device remotely, view the activity of my specific devices, change contact settings, get emergency text messages, or manage my devices. The only features I get with the $14.99 plan are emergency email messages and calls, view my camera (real time only) through the phone app only, and emergency response.
2) To set this up yourself is not as easy as claimed. I had to call Simplisafe to activate 5 of my sensors.
3) Until I agreed to a plan they said they couldn’t help me set-up my devices.
4) AFTER my system was set-up and my plan was in place, they informed me that some police departments require a permit to have a home alarm system if the system is connected to 24/7 emergency monitoring. My city is one of them and my city also requires a fee for having a home alarm system. This is not mentioned here or on the Simplisafe website (at least I couldn’t find it). I can see why cities do this but it would have been nice to know ahead of time so I could research the costs first.
5) Since purchasing this system I’ve had to call Simplisafe 2 times and the hold wait times were over 45 minutes each to get a representative. So if I have to call Simplisafe to change anything I should expect to wait on hold for a really long time.
On the positive – The Simplisafe staff is very friendly and professional, and skilled at managing frustrated customers! They would have gotten 5 stars if I didn’t have to wait on hold for so long.
I’ve only had this system for a week but I got it at a good price so I’m happy with the system, even with its limitations – so far. I will say I wouldn’t pay the current Amazon price for it knowing what I know now. This is my first system and it has definitely been a learning experience.
Mar 2022 Update:
1) I’ve had this system for about 2 years now. The wait time for help has completely improved. I’ve had to call a few times and I don’t think I’ve waited more than a minute.
2) I can now view my cameras through my computer and tablet. I still have the $14.99 plan so it’s still just real time.
3) I can now arm/disarm my system from my phone, computer and tablet even with the $14.99 plan. I also get an email every time I do anything to my system so I am aware, just in case I didn’t make the change to the system. And the emails are immediate.
4) It seems as though I now get everything the $24.99 offers except camera recordings. I don’t know if I would get emergency texts because I haven’t had an emergency since I bought it. They give you a yard sign that says “Protected by SimpliSafe” so it’s likely a deterrent.
5) They have not raised their prices in over 2 years, even with a struggling economy. I would think a price increase is coming soon, but at this point I’m so pleased with this system and company that I’d have no issues paying an increase.
6) Their customer service has always been, and still is very friendly and professional. They like to please their customers – they’ve given me a discount that I wasn’t really eligible for and replaced a bad sensor for free. I like that I have been able to grow my system over time, adding additional sensors, alarm, cameras, etc. without a big-ticket price all at once. I’m completely happy with this system and I know I made the best choice for me.04/06/2022Verified Purchase
UPDATED FIX: How to connect to 2.4ghz WIFI
***UPDATE: A SimpliSafe Rep told me to shut off the system, then remove one of the backup batteries from the base unit. You’ll need a Phillips head screwdriver to do this. With the battery out, turn the system back on and try to connect to your WiFi again. It worked instantly for me. Shut the system off again and replace the backup battery. (You’ll need the batteries in case you have a power outage.) Without the WiFi connection, your SimpliSafe camera will not work. And if you have a weak WiFi system, your camera may not work, either. So before buying this system, be sure you have sufficient internet strength to make it function. The SimpliSafe customer reps are all wonderful and will walk you through any issue you have—like adding devices if you can’t do this yourself. They added my panic buttons and fobs because I didn’t see a way to do this on the keypad. I also advise reinforcing your sensors when you attach them. Screw then in place if you can, or reinforce the tape with clear packing tape. One of ours fell off the front door in the middle of the night, another shifted just by opening and closing the door normally. Both set off the alarms. Another thing to know is that some cities, mine included, require residents to pay for a permit if you want SimpliSafe or any other alarm system to notify law enforcement automatically when the alarm is activated. If you don’t have a permit and the police are called, you will be billed. I don’t know why, since residents aren’t billed separately for 911 calls beyond how we normally pay for 911 services through taxes, but do check your city’s requirements for this so you don’t get a bill unexpectedly. (Unpaid bills of that sort can lead to liens on your property.) I hope this helps.***
Very frustrated with this system. Supposedly works on cellular system without wifi, but won’t let me finish the set up without connecting to my WIFi. It has to connect to 2.4ghz WIFI, which I have, but this system won’t recognize mine. If I could just use it with the cellular system as this listing advertised, I would be satisfied.04/05/2022Verified Purchase