meross Smart Outdoor Plug, Waterproof WiFi Outdoor Outlet, Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and SmartThings, Remote Control, Timer, FCC and ETL Certified
|Operating Voltage||125 Volts|
|Connector Type||Plug In|
|Material||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5 x 2.8 x 1.5 inches|
|Mounting Type||Plug-In Mount|
- 2 Individual Outlets: Comes with 2 AC sockets that can be controlled independently. 2 outlets WORK INDEPENDENTLY of one another.
- Ideal for Outdoor Use: IP44 weatherproof housing and sockets cover. Making the outdoor smart plug ideal for Garden, Backyard, Christmas tree, Kitchen, Landscape lighting, Bathroom, Porch, Balcony, Garage, Basement, Patio or Electric grill, Sprinkler, Washing machine, Lamps and other outdoor or indoor-use electric appliances, etc. Do not use it for pump.
- Remote and Voice Control: Control the two sockets individually from anywhere anytime. ONLY supports Meross app. Compatible with Apple HomeKit (iOS 13 or above), Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and SmartThings. All data is securely transmitted and stored using Amazon AWS servers in US. Note: iOS will guide you to HomeKit setup and management. HomeKit remote control requires additional Apple device such as iPad, HomePod or Apple TV. Control your devices via iPhone or Apple Watch
- Schedule and Timer Setting: Schedule each socket to turn on and off automatically. Added benefit of saving energy when the plugged-in appliances are not needed or are left on by accident. Support sunrise and sunset setting.
- Safety: Certified by FCC/ETL(Control Number 5012797). Upgrade Version WiFi outdoor plug equipped with fire-retardant housing and overload protection circuit.
- Reliable Connection: Meross smart outdoor plug has longer WiFi connection range and lower offline rate. Perfect for your Garden, Backyard, Porch, Balcony, Garage or Basement where the home WiFi may not be well covered. Please connect your Phone to 2.4GHz home Wi-Fi while setting up the outdoor plug. Apple HomeKit website listed. Please check the wifi singal in device setting to ensure the outdoor smart plug gets a strong enough wifi coverage.
- For Android users: It works with any Android smartphone or tablet with OS 4.1 or higher. Android users will have an effortless experiences when configure with Meross app. Then skill ‘meross’ with your smart speakers as you wish.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
5 x 2.8 x 1.5 inches
Frequently asked question
They do show up as separate outlets in HomeKit. You can name and operate them independently.
Sorry, this product only supports meross app, please read the product details page carefully.
No, does not compatible with zigbee protocol, only 2.4GHz Wifi protocol
With a smart phone and the Meross app
6 reviews for meross Smart Outdoor Plug, Waterproof WiFi Outdoor Outlet, Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and SmartThings, Remote Control, Timer, FCC and ETL Certified
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Works with HomeKit
Easy to use and works with HomeKit. Wish there was a way to turn both plugs on simultaneously.09/26/2022Verified Purchase
Doesn't support dimming
If you search outdoor dimmer switches, this unit is prominently featured. But it’s not a dimmer.09/19/2022Verified Purchase
It works great but the app needs an overhaul.
The outlet works fine. We have been using it outdoors for a few months and have not had any issues. The app is not perspicuous and really needs a revamp. Took a while to figure out how to have both an on and off timer set up.08/21/2022Verified Purchase
Great product. So easy to use!
I recently purchased the Meross Smart Outdoor Plug, a Waterproof WiFi Outdoor Outlet, from Amazon.com.
I opened the box and found a nicely packaged,stylish, black two outlet waterproof switch. The device
has a short sturdy line cord with a three prong grounded plug on one end. The other end houses two
three prong grounded receptacles, labelled 1 and 2, with rubber covers which block water from entering
in case you only want to use a single receptacle. The top of the device has an illuminated rocker switch which
allows the user to manually turn on/off both or either of the outlets. On the reverse side is a slotted
whole for easy mounting and the label with specifications. Of particular note is the Output: 10A maximum
load. This device is particularly great for medium current drawing devices like outdoor lamps, celebration
lights, radio, tv, charging applications. Not for high current drawing devices like heaters or heavy duty
motors, please check device current draw in these cases. Also inside the box is a small manual which details
installation and use. The directions are thorough, complete and understandable. Since I am a long time
customer of Meross, I already had the Android Meross App installed on my phone. I opened the app and
initiated a search for the new device. In a matter of seconds the device was discovered and added to
my current device list. I turned on and off each of the outlets from my phone as a first test. It was
successful. I moved to my outdoor mancave and hooked it up to a live receptacle. The first device I
plugged in was decorative party lights and the other device is a low current overhead ceiling fan. I
used the Meross App to control both devices successfully. Next I tested it using my Google Smart
speaker and Google Home App too. I was able to turn both outlets off and on using my voice. I really love the simplicity of the device itself and the short configuration time. I would highly recommend this device to anyone looking for a outdoor dual recepticle, wifi controlled and waterproof based upon usability and cost. Great product, Meross, keep up the good work.06/29/2022Verified Purchase
Defective Product Received, Meross Support is Exceptional in Resolving
This was my first Meross product purchase. Upon receiving, I was unable to use my iOS device to set it up. I contacted Meross customer support, who confirmed that the product I received was defective. They promptly shipped a replacement device, which worked seamlessly out-of-the-box. I am very grateful to Meross support for resolving this quickly, and I have to say that I’m happy with the replacement product.
I decided to try this device to replace a similar iHome device, which I found unreliable. So far, the Meross device is far superior, and I will, in the future, continue to purchase Meross devices as alternatives to iHome devices.06/14/2022Verified Purchase
Good Price Point For What It Does
Full Disclosure: I received this product from Meross at no cost. I was asked to provide a review after I’d used it.
The device is well made. I haven’t tested it extensively in all-weather conditions. The IP44 rating indicates that it should be protected from ‘splashing water’. I’ll use it outdoors but will try and protect it from moisture (rain, snow, sprinklers) as much as possible.
Setup was easy, I have the device working with both the Meross app and with Alexa. Each of these can control the two individual outlets independently. It will be great for controlling Christmas lights, a bug zapper, low voltage lighting and other things like that. Note that it says not to use it with a pump. Pay attention to the power rating listed for the device, including peak startup power requirements for motors and pumps (which is usually what causes fuses to blow) and you should be fine.
The opportunities for improvement I noticed are:
1.) Turning on the outlets from the device itself, as opposed to remotely only offers the option to turn both plugs on or off, no ability to control the plugs independently.
2.) The light on the device, during operations shows green for on and nothing for off. It would be helpful if the there was a way to show when only one plug is on, which one is on and which one isn’t. Having two switches would solve both this issue and the first one I described.
3.) Instead of the internal fuse, which doesn’t appear to be user accessible or serviceable, put a circuit breaker on the device. That would solve a lot of the reported issues and keep people from turning these into bricks.
4.) The rubber socket cover is one piece and not attached to the device. While it’s possible to only plug one side in to protect one plug if using the other is possible, depending on the plug style, it may be problematic. It would be much better to have independent plug covers that are connected to the device so that when they’re unplugged, they don’t get lost.
Those are really only my four suggestions for improvements. For $30 to have a device with schedules, sunrise/sunset awareness (via the app) and compatibility with Google, Homekit and Alexa is pretty sweet. If I need more outside plugs, I’d definitely buy another one of these. I also have the Meross Garage Door Opener device which I LOVE. Meross makes solid products at very reasonable price points.
The things06/11/2022Verified Purchase