Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch, 1-Outlet Plug-In (2nd Gen.), Weather-Resistant, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, for Landscape & Seasonal Lighting, ZWave Hub Required, 14298,Black
|Connector Type||Plug In|
|Switch Style||Temperature Switch|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||3.4 x 2.55 x 1.63 inches|
|Mounting Type||Plug-In Mount|
- Weatherproof – Impact- and weather-resistant housing withstands the elements for outdoor placement. The grounded outlet faces down with the switch is properly mounted to be protected from rain and debris.
- Manual operation – A convenient ON/OFF button on the switch housing allows manual control of the connected device.
- Optional LED – An integrated LED indicator illuminates to show switch status and can be reversed, turned off or always on based on your indicator preferences.
- Voice control – Enjoy the convenience of voice control with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa when connected through a compatible Z-Wave hub.
- Convenient design –reduced size from previous outdoor plug-in Z-Wave switches and blends into any setting while the high-quality drop cable is ideal for use with covered outdoor outlets. Dual keyhole brackets offer secure, simple installation options.
- Range extender – The switch repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other Z-Wave device to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen – The smart switch is compatible with all types of light sources. Enjoy the full benefit of LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen lights.
- Universal compatibility – Z-Wave Plus and all previous Z-Wave generations work together to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network.
Device detailed description
Automate your surroundings with the Enbrighten Z-Wave Plug-in Outdoor Smart Switch. When paired with a compatible hub, the smart switch controls plug-in devices through ON/OFF commands and programmed settings. Wirelessly operate landscape and seasonal lighting, fountains, pumps, and more for effortless management of your home. Your automation possibilities are seemingly infinite when paired with hubs from Ring, Wink, SmartThings, HomeSeer, Vera, American Standard and more.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Item Package Quantity||
3.4 x 2.55 x 1.63 inches
|Certification Smart device certification|
Frequently asked question
Your baby will love your automated outdoor lighting, but probably should not be using thIs product a lot. Or a little. Or at all. Unless perhaps your baby is unnaturally gifted at home automation?
All Z-Wave devices are interoperable to work together. This is a requirement of the Z-Wave Alliance and is specifically tested by any Z-Wave certified device.
Yes, it should work just search devices from your ring app, add outdoor switch and will be under base station .You must have ring system hub make this work
If I understand your question correctly - every Z-Wave switch broadcasts a repeat of any received signal. This creates a form of a mesh network. That function is automatic as it is imbedded in the design of the switch. I have 4 Z-Wave switches in my house and have never had any difficulty communicating with any of them… see more If I understand your question correctly - every Z-Wave switch broadcasts a repeat of any received signal. This creates a form of a mesh network. That function is automatic as it is imbedded in the design of the switch. I have 4 Z-Wave switches in my house and have never had any difficulty communicating with any of them. The closest switch picks up my signal and relays it to the switch it was intended for.
6 reviews for Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch, 1-Outlet Plug-In (2nd Gen.), Weather-Resistant, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, for Landscape & Seasonal Lighting, ZWave Hub Required, 14298,Black
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Works great! Documentation needs correction
The device really works great. However, the documentation needs to be corrected. I could not include this device into my Z-Wave network by pressing the manual on/off button once, as stated in the instructions. After fiddling with it for over an hour, I decided to give 3 quick presses of the button a try… and wow… it took off and got included.08/15/2022Verified Purchase
How to pair with SmartThings
On Android (probably same for iphone):
Open SmarTThings app
Click the ‘+’ (plus icon at the top of the app home screen
scroll down if needed and under ‘select from list of devices’, select ‘by brand’
Find and select ‘GE’
Select ‘Switch/dimmer’ (not outlet)
Select ‘GE Z-Wave’
Choose Hum name and Room to add to
Follow instructions on screen advising to press button once on switch
continue to follow instructions and scan the QR code on the back of your GE Enbrighten Switch
The device will be added in the smartthings app
The device will appear in the app under the room you added it to.
Test the switch from the app by trying to turn it on or off.
If it does not work, manually press the button (press once and wait) on the GE switch to see if the app is recognizing the change. This should cause the device to sync up with smartthings and should work after that.
Above worked for me , I hope it works for you.08/08/2022Verified Purchase
This is the Z-Wave outdoor plug you are looking for!
I will first state that this is my second GE outdoor Z-Wave switch, I also own the Gen 1 model as well.
Similarities between Gen 1 and Gen 2:
1. Lets just start with this. Either model will just work and work well, I’ve had no issues. They easily connected to my Hubitat hub. They are both obviously outside and so not exactly super close to my Hubitat hub but I’ve never had an issue with them losing connection or not working.
2. They both have physical on/off buttons
Why is Gen 2 better then Gen 1:
2. Includes the ability to mount to something
3. Removes the stupid rubber plug cover Gen 1 has that is literally useless
Connecting to Hubitat hub and usage:
I had no problems connecting this to my Hubitat hub. I plugged it in near the hub, Hubitat picked it up right away and it was added. From there I added it to my controls and processes and it just works flawlessly.
There’s nothing really more to say about this product, it’s a simple outdoor Z-wave plug. It just works and doesn’t add complication. If you are looking for a outdoor Z-wave plug to control things like lights, holiday lights or decorations or similar this should be high on your list. Others products might be cheaper or have 2 plugs instead of just one (I saw a few when looking for a second plug) but I went with this one out of a little fear those other generic name brand plugs might cause me more of a headache in the end by giving me issues with my hub, disconnections or not always responding to commands. I can’t tell you if that fear is warranted, I can tell you this is my second GE Z-wave outdoor plug and I’ve used Gen 1 for over a year and now Gen 2 through this years holidays with no issues to speak of. My Hubitat hub automatically knew what this device was and used the ‘GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switch’ driver that Hubitat has built in, no need to use the generic driver or add a driver. I am currently running Hubitat v188.8.131.52. When I originally added the Gen 1 plug last year Hubitat did not have this specific GE driver and instead used the generic plug driver, which also worked just fine so you should be set either way.07/25/2022Verified Purchase
seems fine so far, works with ring alarm but...
ring setup tips– I couldn’t find anywhere else (quickly), so thought I would share here
— to add, select security (not smart plug — since that is ring) then scroll down to works with ring
— then, to switch new devices to be on the extender, just trigger them once or twice and/or use the connect button
and then the signal warning icon in the individual sensor summary screen (battery, alerts on / off page, etc.) should go away (ring support– please add this to the summary line, after the word closed– low signal so it’s easier to find which devices need troubleshooting)05/26/2022Verified Purchase
Works well, but very short and very firm cable difficult to use in outside outlets
. However, the Lutron is much more expensive, and so I’m happy to use this GE Enbrighten model instead.05/26/2022Verified Purchase
Works Great with Both Smartthings & Wink
I have several of these… work well and have held up in all kinds of North East weather. It also has good range as one of the plugs is ~150 ft from the house05/04/2022Verified Purchase