Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer with QuickFit and SimpleWire, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, Wink, Zwave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready, White, 47338
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.13 x 1.75 x 4.13 inches|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, Home Seer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- ADVANCED DESIGN 2ND GENERATION MODEL – Improved components reduced the housing depth by up to 20% compared to previous Z-Wave models and eliminated the need for heat tabs. Quick Fit enhancements are the ideal smart solution for older-style switch boxes, multi-gang configurations or any other application with limited space. Auto line-load sensing terminals support fast and easy installation by detecting line and load wires and configuring the dimmer accordingly. Dual ground ports, which are offset to avoid switch box mounting screws, support daisy-chaining in multi-switch setups.
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS – Control the device remotely with your smartphone and voice commands when connected to a compatible hub or enjoy manual ON/OFF operation and brightness adjustment from the dimmer. Home automation is simple through custom scenes, personalized scheduling and convenient alerts. The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12723 or 46199. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to the same device.
- FULL HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The dimmer is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Wallplate not included. Full-range dimmability for use with dimmable LEDs and CFLs as well as incandescent and halogen bulbs. Supported wattage – 600W incandescent, 300W LED/CFL. Supported voltage – 120VAC. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Device detailed description
Set the scene with the Enbrighten Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Dimmer with Quick Fit and Simple Wire. When paired with a compatible hub, the hardwired smart dimmer operates wall, ceiling and accent lighting through individual commands and programmed settings. Wirelessly control and schedule indoor or outdoor fixtures for effortless management of your home. Your automation possibilities are seemingly infinite when connected to hubs from Ring, Wink, SmartThings, Home Seer, Vera, Nexin and more.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Item Package Quantity||
2-year limited warranty
1.13 x 1.75 x 4.13 inches
|Certification Smart device certification|
|Number of Positions|
Frequently asked question
Z-Wave and Zigbee are 2 different wireless automation protocols and are also different wireless frequencies. They cannot communicate together, but some controllers will contain both Zigbee and Z-Wave in them so the controller can control both devices together.
Yes, you can dim the lights directly from the dimmer switch. You press the paddle to control the dimming level and to turn on / off the lights.
You will need this Dimmer and 1 add-on Switch
4 reviews for Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer with QuickFit and SimpleWire, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, Wink, Zwave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready, White, 47338
04 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Did exactly what we expected it to
Reading many of the reviews makes me wonder if those reviews all apply to this product. I did not review prior to purchase and glad I did not. This switch worked as advertised. I have incandescent so I cannot speak to the LED issues.
1) style of switch matches the existing Decora switches in the home. Only real difference is this is not a rocker switch, but a touch control. However, I a have other touch dimmers (non-smart) and this is very similar is use.
2) dimming function is press and hold vs a separate slider. I like that.
3) body of switch is compact and fits in a busy junction box.
4) has a blue LED light below the switch to make it easier to find in the dark.
Sidebar – this switch is not in a bedroom. I saw reviews about the blue LED being too bright for a bedroom so they used white-out to cover it up. Well the instructions include how to toggle the LED on or off, and that is easy to do – two taps on, one tap off toggles the LED. See installation instructions.
5) using my smartphone this synced with Smartthings app very easy using QR code on box or on switch base first try.
6) fully compatible with Alexa.
1) only one. The instructions. They start out saying whatever wires are on the existing switch, connect all to this smartswitch. That leaves out the VERY important instructions to add the white neutral jumper. No existing old-school dimmer will have a neutral wire connected to it. Wiring diagram does show the neutral. I was in too much of a hurry and installed without the neutral, connecting all existing wires like they say. Obviously it did not work. Like most guys, I then decided to study the installation instructions further. I included this confession to make you smile. 🙂09/13/2022Verified Purchase
46203 versus 47338 = scam!!
I have absolutely no clue whether these switches work, or even whether they are easy to install — because I haven’t yet put them in…so why the negative review? Because the manufacturer sells this exact item under different model numbers (46203 and 47338), and this kind of deception maddens and exhausts me. If negative reviews are the only things to which manufacturers seem to pay attention, then those are the things I’ll use to attract said attention.
Look, I have absolutely no problem with the release of new and ‘improved’ models which actually exhibit very little in the way of true advancement, because, hey, that’s capitalism, right? ‘Invent a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door,’ etc. — even if the mousetrap improves on its predecessor only marginally.
But the moral line in the sand, for me, in terms of the point at which puffery gives way to dishonesty, is when the only truly *new* characteristic of a ‘new’ model is its model number.
Releasing a tiny upgrade in the wattage allowed by the switch? Great! That warrants a new model number.
Offering a version which complies with an upgraded Z-wave standard? Terrific! Give it a new model number.
Selling the switch in the color ‘beige,’ when the distinction from your ‘ecru’ version is almost imperceptible? Sigh…fine, give it a new model number. I mean, whatever, man, you know?
BUT…don’t try to pull an ‘Excedrin,’ because that’s just scummy. [As of the time of this writing, regular Excedrin and ‘Excedrin migraine’ have identical — identical! — formulations (i.e., 250 mg aspirin, 250 mg acetaminophen and 65 mg caffeine per tablet), and the only differentiating factor is the price.]
I’ll admit: I’m a sucker for marketing — and I don’t mind being hoodwinked into paying for a model of something with a double frammis when only one frammis is needed, but even I have to refuse to go along with this latest deceit by GE/Jasco in regards to their Enbrighten model numbers.
Hey, maybe I’m missing something. Maybe the 46203 smells better than the 47338. Or whatever. And, if that’s the case, I’ll update this review.
But, until then, I’m downvoting this money-grab in the only way I know how. If I could give negative stars, I would.08/05/2022Verified Purchase
works well but expensive
The switch works well and has a nice gradual on/off experience. I wish it was cheaper.
I integrated with homseer over zwave exposing it to amazon alexa.06/12/2022Verified Purchase
Once installed and setup. It works great. However a couple of snags getting there.
First it’s a bit too wide for a multi gang box. The slots need to be wider to make it easier to slide over. It also needs the sides to be slimmer.
Next is installing it with Smart things hub. It doesn’t automatically install scanning the qr code on the switch. You must choose the GE switch first then it will recognize it. (This maybe the fault of Samsung)
Tapping on and off works as well as holding up or down for the dimmer. It works as it should and it’s easy to understand.06/01/2022Verified Purchase