Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer with QuickFit and SimpleWire, 3-Way Ready, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, ZWave Hub & Neutral Wire Required, Toggle, 46204
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
|Contact Type||Normally Closed|
|Voltage||120 Volts (AC)|
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA and GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- ADVANCED DESIGN 2ND GENERATION MODEL – Improved components reduced the housing depth by up to 20% compared to previous Z-Wave models and eliminated the need for heat tabs. Quick Fit enhancements are the ideal smart solution for older-style switch boxes, multi-gang configurations or any other application with limited space. Auto line-load sensing terminals support fast and easy installation by detecting line and load wires and configuring the dimmer accordingly. Dual ground ports, which are offse
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS – Control the device remotely with your smartphone and voice commands when connected to a compatible hub or enjoy manual ON:OFF operation and brightness adjustment from the dimmer. Home automation is simple through custom scenes, personalized scheduling and convenient alerts. The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12728 or 46200. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to t
- FULL-HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The dimmer is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Wallplate not included. Full-range dimmability for use with dimmable LEDs and CFLs as well as incandescent and halogen bulbs. Supported wattage – 600W incandescent, 300W LED, CFL. Supported voltage – 120VAC. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
1.13 x 1.75 x 4.13 inches
Frequently asked question
You must have the Ring alarm system that is a zwave hub. Then you can add zwave devices like this and control dimming and on off control from the app
ZW4009 is the UL model number. All products that carry that model on the back (or on the metal yoke under the logo on the front) are identical regardless of their branding.
Lighting dimmers like these are not constructed or UL rated for motor loads and cannot be used with fans. While 1 could control the light, you would need a fan speed control for the fan motor. At this time, we only have a decora-style fan speed control in Z-Wave (model 55258)
You will need the add-on switch for a 3-way installation along with 1 of these Dimmers.
4 reviews for Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer with QuickFit and SimpleWire, 3-Way Ready, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, ZWave Hub & Neutral Wire Required, Toggle, 46204
04 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
works well -- until it doesn't
I installed the toggle dimmer version of this switch twice for single-pole ceiling lights, each with one LED bulb. The first switch worked for a little over a year–easy to install, and to set up and control with ADT Pulse app. But then it failed–the app would still recognize the switch and would tell me it was turning on and off, but nothing happened to the lights. Same story when I tried to operate the switch manually–the LED indicator built into the switch would turn on and off, but the switch just stopped controlling the lights it was connected to. (Yes, I tried power cycling, restoring to factory settings, etc. Nothing worked. I also contacted manufacturer tech support, which didn’t even *try* to help, but just suggested I try to make a warranty claim.)
So I bought another of these switches and replaced the first one. Again, it worked well, but this time for less than two weeks. The second switch had the same problem–the switch was connecting to the app, but neither app nor manual operation would turn on the lights it was connected to. So I’m giving up on this product. If you can get it to last, it’s great. But I recommend avoiding it unless you want to regularly replace it. (Amazon did give me a refund for the second switch, so kudos for that.)07/27/2022Verified Purchase
Simply the best dimmer, “Smart” or otherwise
I have tortured myself over 20 years of upgrading the lighting in my house, including various stages of replacing plain switches with dimmers, upgrading to LEDs, and figuring out which dimmers work with which LEDs. I would recommend these dimmers regardless of whether or not you have a smart hub to connect them to, they are simply that useful and flexible compared with many other dimmers I have tried. Specifically:
1. Incredibly easy to connect the wiring – I think this is called QuickFit, but basically instead of wrapping the wire around the screw or pushing into a lock that requires a screwdriver to release, you simply push the wire into the hole and tighten the screw. Easy to install, easy to uninstall and move/reuse
2. Brainless – Simplewire means you don’t have to figure out which is the “hot” and which is the “load” line
3. Works with all sorts of lights – I have used this dimmer on regular incandescent, 12V Xenon undercabinet with electronic transformer, Cree 120v LED bulbs, and 12V LED bulbs (from Emery Allen and Bulbrite) with no-load electronic transformers from Emery Allen (not Seagull/Ambiance, which don’t work well). All work well and dim to practically zero
4. Soft on and off – this is an elegant way to turn on your lights, instead of starting immediately at full brightness, they dim up to on and fade to off.
5. Lighted toggle switch – a very nice feature for fixtures you can’t see like basement lights or outdoor lights. Also nice for a nightlight (you can set the toggle to light when on, or when off, or never as desired).
All of the above work regardless of whether you connect to a smart hub with zwave, which makes it ‘smart’. The connection to a Samsung Smartthings hub was seamless and works also as you would expect (with the minor bonus that you can control the Lighted Toggle feature right from the app).
Finally, if for whatever reason this dimmer isn’t working for you and you want a great toggle dimmer that is not Zwave/Smart, buy the LeGrand Universal Togger Dimmer model #TSD703PTUTC. It is nearly as easy to set up, is “intelligent” (has processors that figure out correct dim settings) and can be changed from forward phase to reverse phase to handle various types of LEDs and transformers. But it lacks some of the cool touches of the GE Zwave dimmer, and most notably it is not “smart” (zwave connected).05/25/2022Verified Purchase
Not programable with Ring but Alexa Integration makes a good product great!
Installation was very simple as long as you follow the directions…and have a neutral wire. The issue I found was that while it does connect to Ring via Z-Wave, you can only use it via the manual on-off option. I purchased this with the idea that I could create a schedule for the switch and not worry about it again. You will need some kind of hub to be able to place this switch on a schedule. Ring does integrate with Alexa and with that you can then create a ‘Routine’ to turn your lights on and off whenever you want!05/24/2022Verified Purchase
Super easy to use
comes with everything but the faceplate
The lights are slowly brightened and dimmed when turning off, there is no instant on or off, which would be nice
I have installed dozens of these and it just gets easier each time as jasco is making improvements all the time. Neutral wire is still required, the switches are skinnier so less of an issue with getting them in the box and next to an adjacent switch. My only real con with them is the way they turn on and off: the lights are turned on starting at 0 and to what ever brightness you had last or selected when turning on (you set it for 60%, it starts at 0%). When turning off they dimm off from what they are to 0% then off.04/01/2022Verified Purchase