Kasa Smart 3 Way Switch HS210, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , white
|Current Rating||15 Amps|
|Operating Voltage||120 Volts (AC)|
|Contact Type||Normally Closed|
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch, wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations, The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. For non-dimmable lights, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection required
- 3-way or single pole: Using it as 3-way or single pole switch to control the light from 1 or 2 locations to replace your traditional 3-way switch. Best for top and bottom of a staircase or from house to garage etc.
- Control from anywhere & voice control: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation. Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you’re home or away. Enable ’away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use.
Device detailed description
The HS210 smart switch makes it easy to replace traditional 3 way switches commonly found in living rooms, halls, or stairways where 2 switches control the same light. The HS210 includes one smart switch specially designed to work together with 3 way switch wiring. There’s no need to be an expert on complex 3 way switch, wiring or confusing master vs auxiliary smart switch settings. The Kasa app guides you through each step of the installation, connecting to your home Wi-Fi, and providing control from anywhere. For convenient hands free controls it easily connects with echo or Google home voice assistants. Protocols supported: IEEE 802. 11b/g/n, Wireless type: 2.4 GHz 1T1R.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
2 year manufacturer
4.13 x 1.71 x 1.77 inches
1 x Kasa Smart 3-way Switch
|Lower Temperature Rating|
Frequently asked question
You could replace both only if you can't figure out which one you need to replace. I have 4 switches that control my hallway lights and I replaced only 1 and it works perfectly. As others have said, you need to replace the one switch that sends feedback to the other switches the state of the light. I must have got luck… see more You could replace both only if you can't figure out which one you need to replace. I have 4 switches that control my hallway lights and I replaced only 1 and it works perfectly. As others have said, you need to replace the one switch that sends feedback to the other switches the state of the light. I must have got lucky because I didn't know which one that was. Here's a hint though when I had to search for answers: 2 of the switches contained 5 wires: 2 black, 2 red, and 1 ground. The other 2 switches had 4 wires: 2 black, 1 red, and 1 ground. I replaced the switch with 4 wires because this smart switch had 4 wires to connect. I connected the common wire to the common port on the smart switch. Then I connected 1 red and 1 black write that came from the same 'bundle wire' in the switch box to the traveler wires port on the smart switch and voila. App works, other dumb switches work perfectly. There's no having to leaving other dumb switches on or off. Turning on the light using the dumb switch sends feedback to the smart switch and it changes the state.
Yes, I've done this on a couple. The only catch is that you cannot swap out the 4 way switch, only one of the two 3 way switches.
You do not need to use the plate it comes with.
It is in the works
6 reviews for Kasa Smart 3 Way Switch HS210, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , white
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Works great. Even on a 4-way if you install it on one end and not middle.
I have the one way switches and they work great. Its only been a month but they work. I had a 4 way circuit and was able to install this unit at one end allowing me to control it with Alexa.10/12/2022Verified Purchase
Installs and Works as Advertised
The Kasa HS-210 works as advertised. It took about 15 mins to install in a 4-way switching setup (3 switches/2 lights). I only needed the one switch HS210 as TP-Link indicates. So long as you have a neutral wire it should work in just about any configuration needing a 2-way or 3-way switch. This is the first Kasa device I have used, as my house is wired with mostly Insteon smart switches and outlets which are excellent devices, but they are expensive and cannot be purchased since the pandemic. Their fate is unknown to me, so I was looking for alternatives. I held off replacing my 4-way wiring due to complexity and cost if using most standard smart switches as I would need to either run additional wiring, add multiple switches or both. Instead I had been looking for a smart switch that was a drop-in replacement for a standard 3-way. I found the HS210 wifi and Zooz S2 Z-wave. I think either would work, but I have been reluctant to implement Z-wave even though I have a hub due to stories of dropped connections when only a few devices are installed (you need to build out a mesh network for Z-wave to be robust). Anyway I run OpenHAB as my home automation platform and both Z-wave and TP-link Kasa are supported but the Kasa seemed the more direct route for me as I have a solid wifi mesh in my home and I have owned TP-link products in the past with good success.
What I like about this product is:
1) Price makes it a great value and only needing 1-switch further increases its value.
2) Simplicity of installation (only 1 switch needed)
3) Ease of setup and incorporation into OpenHAB
What I don’t like about this product is:
1) It only comes in white and the rest of my switches are light Almond.
2) It requires access to the internet as it calls home to for setup. There might be a way around this but it would likely require a second router not connected to the internet. I think the Zooz S2 might have an advantage here.
3) It only comes in white.
4) It’s a touch key not a rocker switch (not really a negative but I was surprised)
Bottom-line, I will likely buy another HS210 for another 4-way setup in my home, if I can just get past the white color. It may grow on me after a while. Based on my experience with HS210 and for those not caring about color I believe the Kasa line-up represents a superior value and architecture to build out a smart home. I would highly recommend them.09/19/2022Verified Purchase
Works fine, but fragile plastic mounting
Instructions weren’t all that clear, but I managed to get it installed and configured. It works fine, but be careful when you tighten the screws into the outlet box. The plastic is very fragile and it cracked on me.09/06/2022Verified Purchase
works just like I need it to.08/24/2022Verified Purchase
Updated app, more smart action.
Bought this swith 2 years ago and still working, plus the app is now updated with more smart actions. just wish they have a separate motion sensor for these so I dont need to install those release switches.06/27/2022Verified Purchase
Great Inexpensive Device
The device works great. Docked it a star because the snap-on face plate isn’t as convenient as a screw on one. It is difficult to install it flush to the wall. Luckily I could use my old plate instead.05/10/2022Verified Purchase