Smart Leak Sensor, YoLink 1/4 Mile World’s Longest Range Wireless Smart Water Leak Sensor Compatible with Alexa and IFTTT Leak Detector with App Alerts and Remote Monitor, YoLink Hub Included
|Power Source||Corded Electric, Battery Powered|
|Number of Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
- World’s Longest Wireless Range: Powered by LoRa technology, the long-range yet low-power system offers the industry’s longest receiving range in the market (1/4 mile). Our long-range coverage enables its use in areas challenging for most residential Wi-Fi systems, such as basements, outdoor porch/patio areas, sheds, free-standing garages, even remote outbuildings on your property.
- Easy and Effective Property Protection: The YoLink wireless Water Sensor could not be easier to install, just place near or under the equipment you wish to monitor. Suggested uses are near or under sump pumps, toilets, water heaters, laundry machines, dishwashers, sinks, fish tanks and any other location subject to water leaks and flooding.
- Early-Warning Notifications: Receive real-time early-warning notifications (in the form of smartphone banner alerts, limited SMS/text messages, and emails) and protect your home and property from water damage, Due to the water-tight and submersible design of the original Water Leak Sensor, an internal sounder/siren would not be heard outside of the water-tight housing. For an audible alarm, consider our Siren Alarm or consider the Water Leak Sensor 2 which has a built-in sounder.
- Plug, Plug & Play! Plug Hub into an outlet, plug Hub into your router, scan in new devices, and enjoy your new system, in minutes! Your Hub is the only device that connects to the Internet, and a wired or WiFi connection is required (wired required for easy & fast Plug, Plug & Play, and most reliable and secure connection). WiFi connection set-up difficulty varies and requires changing settings to your network and/or your phone Changes to your network, passcodes, etc, require changes in the app.
- From Simple to Super-Smart: After setting up your notification preferences, keep it simple and let the YoLink system do the rest and monitor your home and property for you. Or, utilize available advanced automation features, including 3rd-party integration with Alexa and IFTTT, to interact with other YoLink and 3rd-party smart devices. Limited only by your imagination!
Device detailed description
Features and specification
|Battery Cell Type|
Frequently asked question
Yes, no matter where you are, if your phone is connected to the network, it will send an alert to your phone. And you can monitor the status of your Water Leak Sensor. Note: you need to configure a network (wired or 2.4G Wi-Fi) for the YoLink Hub first.
You can invite the user as a Member from My Profile->,My Home->,Invite User, then set the email notification to ALL instead of Admin in the alarm strategy. Thanks!
The Hub's input power can be DC4V to 6V, so you can powered it by 4AA batteries. The currently of the power is 300mA, so the AA batteries only can run 5 to 10 hours. If you use the 12V boat power, you have to use regulator to drop the 12V to 5V or you can use the 12V to 110V inverter then power the Hub's adapter. For t… see more The Hub's input power can be DC4V to 6V, so you can powered it by 4AA batteries. The currently of the power is 300mA, so the AA batteries only can run 5 to 10 hours. If you use the 12V boat power, you have to use regulator to drop the 12V to 5V or you can use the 12V to 110V inverter then power the Hub's adapter. For the boat application, you also can use the leak sensor and the siren without the Hub, when the leak is detected, the siren will have loud sound. Thanks!
It can be detected by 0.3ml water, a very small drop of water, there are 3 pairs of terminals on the leak sensor, 1 pairs on the top and 2 pairs on the bottom. Any 2 metal terminals have water connected together, it will trigger the sensor to send water leak alert to the system.
3 reviews for Smart Leak Sensor, YoLink 1/4 Mile World’s Longest Range Wireless Smart Water Leak Sensor Compatible with Alexa and IFTTT Leak Detector with App Alerts and Remote Monitor, YoLink Hub Included
03 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
It really does work
I had excellent customer service help and I tested it with just a tiny amount of water and I got the notice on my iPhone. I just wish it would text so I can hear a ping or sound to tell me look at the text on my iPhone.
I wear hearing aids when they work so a text would be great so I can hear the text notification sound. I don’t always check email when I am out. Also I have peace of mind knowing I have something to tell me get home water is leaking. I don’t an alexa or dot thing as they are to expensive and they don’t call the police for me when I don’t have my iPhone on hand so I haven’t been able to see if this works with Alexa. Medical alert devices are useless when their dispatchers don’t follow instructions and tell the patient/customer to go through a hallway, on an elevator to let the paramedics in. Stupid to tell someone to do that.07/17/2022Verified Purchase
It really does work far
At our office complex we have a fountain between the buildings. Maybe 300 feet away and up on the 3rd floor I placed the hub near a window. By the fountain there is a concrete pit with a manhole cover. Inside the pit is all the pumps and filters for the fountain. Ground water leaching and drips from pipes will cause the pit to slowly fill with water. Sometimes the sump pump fails to operate and the water will begin to fill up. If it reaches the elevated pumps it has caused need for their replacement. Long story…long… this alerts us to an issue before there is real issue. Tested it by opening a valve to manually fill the pit and shut off the sump. Closed the man hole and was surprised to see that the unit alerted us as soon as it got wet. Setup was fairly easy, but I am good with technology. I highly recommend. EXCELLENT value for our use.06/19/2022Verified Purchase
Smart devices to detect flooding in my apartment.
Once in a while, my bathroom gets flooded due to a pipe blockage in my apartment, and often times I am not there to notice in the first place.
The installation and the setup of the hub and the sensor were very easy and quick.
This hub and the sensor seems very promising (I tested with a little bit of water successfully), and I am excited to see how it works when an actual flood event happens. (but hopefully never again!)
For some reason, YoLink iOS app crashes on my iPhone 7 with the latest iOS version, but I was able to use the app on my other iPhone (XR) with notifications turned on. and I just set the app to send my iPhone 7 text messages so both my phones can be notified.
I am planning on setting up (de)humidifier and space heater with YoLink temperature/humidity sensor for coming winter soon!
Just one suggestion is, it would be great if I can send text messages to more than one phone number, and if the message is more user friendly.05/16/2022Verified Purchase