UltraPro Z-Wave Smart Toggle Light Switch with QuickFit and SimpleWire, 3-Way Ready, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, ZWave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, White, 2-Pack, 54912
|Switch Style||Toggle Switch|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.92 x 2.14 x 4.15 inches|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
- WIRELESSLY CONTROL & SCHEDULE LIGHTS AND OTHER DEVICES – Schedule timed events for connected devices. Customize scenes for day or night, home or away. Wirelessly control switch from anywhere through your smartphone, tablet, PC or Z-Wave remote. Switch can be operated manually.
- REQUIRES A Z-WAVE CERTIFIED HUB – Compatible with the following Z-Wave Hubs: Honeywell, Ring, SmartThings, Wink, HomeSeer, Fibaro, Trane, Nexia, ADT, Vera, and more.
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE (HUB REQUIRED) – Requires an Alexa supported hub for voice control with Amazon Echo Products (Alexa device and hub are sold separately).Cannot connect directly with ECHO PLUS (Only ZigBee products can connect directly to Echo Plus).
- IN-WALL INSTALLATION WITH HARD WIRED CONNECTIONS (NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED) – Replace your existing in-wall switch in as little as 15 minutes – Wall plate is NOT included. A neutral wire is required – please confirm that the wiring in your home is compatible before purchasing (older homes may not have neutral wires).
- COMPATIBILITY – Works with all LED, CFL, halogen, incandescent bulbs, and other devices.
Device detailed description
Stay connected to your home with a UltraPro In-Wall Smart Switch. Compatible with all Z‑Wave certified gateways, the smart switch gives you wireless control of your hardwired lights from any mobile device, computer or Z-Wave enabled remote. Installation is easy – simply replace a standard in-wall switch with the smart switch. Whether you’re at home or away, access the switch to turn your lights on and off. Not only does the smart switch help cut energy costs, but it boosts the safety of your home by keeping rooms looking bright and lived‑in. Your smart home just got smarter with the UltraPro In-Wall Smart Switch.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Material Smart home device material|
|Item Package Quantity||
5 Year Limited
1.92 x 2.14 x 4.15 inches
2 Smart Toggle Switches
Frequently asked question
Because the switch has button press methods to change the LED behavior, Reset to default, etc. The switch has to wait a brief moment to determine if you are turning the light on or if you are using one of the button press methods. We are working to eliminate that, however currently it is necessary in order to add the a… see more Because the switch has button press methods to change the LED behavior, Reset to default, etc. The switch has to wait a brief moment to determine if you are turning the light on or if you are using one of the button press methods. We are working to eliminate that, however currently it is necessary in order to add the additional features for customization.
You will need a 2nd switch for 3 way. If converting a system with only one switch to a 3 way (no wiring going to the location of the new switch) install a device that will execute a z-wave command & wire it to a regular switch after installing the new device in your network & creating an event to turn on the light z-wa… see more You will need a 2nd switch for 3 way. If converting a system with only one switch to a 3 way (no wiring going to the location of the new switch) install a device that will execute a z-wave command & wire it to a regular switch after installing the new device in your network & creating an event to turn on the light z-wave switch. (Z-wave Plus Rare Earth Magnets Door & Window Sensor) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5HB4U5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I too had many failures of the GE switch. I've had these UltraPro for over a year with zero issues. These connect better, installation is easy being a smaller footprint. I highly recommend
Yes, this is the UltraPro version of those models you have referenced.
6 reviews for UltraPro Z-Wave Smart Toggle Light Switch with QuickFit and SimpleWire, 3-Way Ready, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, ZWave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, White, 2-Pack, 54912
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
These are well built and work flawless. My favorite feature is that regardless if the black wire is Line or Load. The terminals can accept either wire. Makes installation very easy. I’ve had to replace all of my GE switches which I installed 5 years ago. I’m hoping these last longer.09/19/2022Verified Purchase
Easy install and fast pairing
Both switches paired fairly easily. I somehow had one pair but was only accessible via my ADT panel but not my phone app. I spent hours trying to reset the device so it can pair correctly. So to save someone time to reset the switch you must do up three times then down three times (note you must try different speeds) try fast, try slow. I think a slow but consistent pace worked for me it flashed blue as an indication it has reset. The. I was ready to pair again. Both switch show in my ADT app and appear in the Alexa app.09/07/2022Verified Purchase
Use a Neutral Wire
Add a neutral wire to the smart switch, even if your current switch does not have one. Connect the neutral wire to the existing wiring which goes back to the electrical panel.
The switch will not work without the neutral wire. The included jumper wire can be used to connect the neutral terminal to the ground terminal. I’m not an electrician, but this seems like a bad idea. Unlike a traditional switch, the smart switch continually uses power and the neutral wire is the correct path back to the panel to complete the circuit. While the switch will work if you jumper the neutral to ground, you no longer have the redundancy that the ground wire provides.
Otherwise, the switch works well and easily connects to SmartThings, including working with automations.07/03/2022Verified Purchase
Great quality and works well with SmartThings!
Works well with SmartThings, super simple to install if you read the directions and are just as high quality as the GE brand if not better. I also like the fact that they light up when the switch is on. These will be a regular purchase for me until I have all of my switches done. I’m pleased with the purchase.06/08/2022Verified Purchase
Works with Vivint
Installed two switches in my home. First one I had to trial and error with the install but the second one was easy. After install, you can use the Ultra Plus App or connect to your EZ WAVE approved hub.04/30/2022Verified Purchase
Works as good as GE and is compatible with Ring Alarm!
I needed to add some additional Zwave switches to my home but wanted something cheaper than the GE switches I had. These switches work the same as GE and are made by Jasco who also makes the GE Enbrighten switches. These also have a smaller profile than my original GE Zwave switches and paired easily to my Ring alarm.
Installation was straightforward and took <, 10 minutes from start to finish (assuming you have basic electrical knowledge and the correct tools (Screw drivers and wire cutters)
Don’t hesitate to grab some of these if you’re wanting to add some Zwave switches to automate your home.
**Note to those with Ring Alarm**
To add these switches, you need to do so through the Ring App. I’ve highlighted the steps below to hopefully benefit some of you out there:
1. Install switch (Do not install switch wall plate yet)
2. Open your Ring application
3. Select Alarm from the main Ring screen/dashboard
4. Select ‘+’ on the top right of the screen to add a device
5. Select ‘Security’
6. Select ‘Works with Ring’
7. The app should ask you to scan the QR code which is on a sticker located on the front of the switch
8. Once scanned, the device will be added
9. Wait a few seconds then press up on the switch (you may have to press up several times or twice quickly in succession for it to register)
10. Once registered, you can setup and name the switch in the app
11. Install switch wall plate04/08/2022Verified Purchase