iRobot Braava jet m6 (6012) Ultimate Robot Mop- Wi-Fi Connected, Precision Jet Spray, Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Multiple Rooms, Recharges and Resumes, Black
|Model Name||IRobot Braava jet m6 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Mop|
|Surface Recommendation||Hard Floor|
|Special Feature||Smart Mapping, Selective Room Cleaning, Wet/Dry, Edge Cleaning, Scheduling, Room-By-Room Navigation|
|Color||Braava Jet M6 (Black)|
|Product Dimensions||10.6'L x 10'W x 3.5'H|
- THE ULTIMATE ROBOT MOP – The Braava jet m6 robot mops like you would. You can tell it where and when to clean, and Precision Jet Spray helps tackle sticky messes and kitchen grease
- MOPPING THAT FITS SEAMLESSLY INTO YOUR LIFE – Ideal for multiple rooms and larger spaces. Navigates around objects and under furniture. Cleans finished hard floors including hardwood, tile and stone
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS – With vSLAM navigation, the m6 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges and resumes cleaning
- MOPS MESSES IN THE MOMENT – Coffee spill on the floor, Dog track in mud. The m6 can target specific areas within your rooms, like in front of the couch or under a table, for easy, hands-free mopping, with a request to your voice assistant or via the app
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN – With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas
- A CLEAN UNIQUE TO YOU – The Braava jet m6 robot mop is smarter than ever, learning where and when you normally clean and suggesting personalized schedules so you can focus on everything else. Plus, during allergy or pet shedding season, it can suggest extra cleanings to keep your house tidy year-round.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN – With Imprint Link Technology, the Braava jet m6 robot mop and select Roomba robot vacuums team up to vacuum then mop automatically in perfect sequence, giving your floors a comprehensive clean with just a command to your voice assistant or in the app.
- TAKE MOPPING OFF YOUR TO-DO LIST – The robot intelligently knows which mode to use based on pad type. Plus, our new pad technology developed for the m6 uses electrostatic force to sweep and wicking fibers to mop. For a long lasting fresh scent, add Braava jet Hard Floor Cleaning Solution.
- ALWAYS GETTING SMARTER – Quality that lasts. Intelligence that grows. Equipped with advanced hardware capable of providing the intelligent features you love today, and access to our latest advancements in the future – through software updates designed to improve functionality over time. Available features vary by model
- IRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers
Device detailed description
When spills happen, the Braava jet m6 robot is always on call—ready to head to the spot and take them on. Just say to Google Assistant or Alexa, “Have Braava mop in front of the kitchen counter”, and it heads out and gets to work. Always learning your home and your cleaning habits, it can offer customized schedules that work around your life—even suggesting extra cleanings during pollen season. Using Precision Jet Spray, it loosens dirt and sticky messes without spraying furniture, rugs, or walls—all without any effort from you, making your mopping tasks a thing of the past. (Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com or its affiliates. Google is a trademark of Google LLC) Note: Please wait for the float or shake the tank till the float reaches the level to avoid fill tank error.
Features and specification
|Brand Smart devices brand|
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
10 x 10.6 x 3.5 inches
|Batteries Type of batteries used|
|Number Of Pieces||
IRobot Braava jet m6 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Mop
1 Charging Dock, 1 North American Line Cord, 1 Braava jet® m6 Robot Mop, 1 Dock Tray, 1 Washable Wet Mopping Pad, 4oz Cleaning Solution Sample Bottle
|Battery Cell Composition|
Frequently asked question
I would get a dog, very efficient at cleaning food thrown by a toddler and would also clean the toddler if you let them. Then run the iRobot mop afterwards to clean the floor.
I add a couple tablespoons of white vinegar ($2/gallon) to Distilled water ($.89/gallon). Keeps the nozzles clean, cleans better, and leaves no residue.
That's debatable, the m6 has great difficulty navigation over the slightest incline or threshold. Plan an in getting stuck quite frequently. The technology it uses to avoid carpet needs to greatly improve. On the other hand, you could always set up no go zones over the outlets and it will avoid them, that technology do… see more That's debatable, the m6 has great difficulty navigation over the slightest incline or threshold. Plan an in getting stuck quite frequently. The technology it uses to avoid carpet needs to greatly improve. On the other hand, you could always set up no go zones over the outlets and it will avoid them, that technology does work. If u find the m6 getting stuck often, set up the no go zones where it gets stuck.
Many airlines have restrictions on transporting lithium-ion batteries. Please look into the policies and restrictions of your flight to ensure if you will need to uninstall the battery from the Braava jet m6 and pack it separately. As a side-note, bringing the robot outside of the country it was purchased in will void … see more Many airlines have restrictions on transporting lithium-ion batteries. Please look into the policies and restrictions of your flight to ensure if you will need to uninstall the battery from the Braava jet m6 and pack it separately. As a side-note, bringing the robot outside of the country it was purchased in will void the manufacturer's warranty.
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Defective - water tank issue
3 months in and have an error stating that tank is empty but and does not recognize when it is filled up. Warranty with Amazon over and the Support is non existent with IRobot. Still waiting for a response after 2 weeks09/19/2022Verified Purchase
I’m not one for robots in the house, but with all the wood floors, I knew I’d need help keeping up with the dirt. This mop is great for smaller areas, wouldn’t recommend bigger floor plans because the tank is too small to complete the home. Once it’s done learning, you can have it clean specific areas which might help with the tank issue, but I haven’t had it long enough to set that up. Fairly quiet.08/05/2022Verified Purchase
The j7's retarded cousin.
Was impressed by the j7’s performance so I bought a m6 to do some light mopping. Boy, this thing struggled to get a C on its report card: It tries to mop carpeted areas (to the point that its self-propelled wheels can & will burn furrows into a location if it gets stuck), its incapable of going over even a tile width vertical, it gets stuck/can’t identify small drops in room areas like the transition between a kitchen & laundry room, the first pass of a room regularly leaves smeared scum (plan on 2 runs for an adequate cleaning), the from emitter ‘dripples’ everywhere, it regularly knocks its base station platform off kilter preventing it from returning to charge, and the cleaning rag has a hard plastic backing that prevents it from getting properly agitated in a washing machine (i.e. you get to clean it by hand).
On the plus side, you can name it something like ‘Juicy Beast’ in the app and load it with pinesol so yur wood smells woody.
I honestly don’t know if I’d buy an m6 again. I just don’t hate it enough to return it.07/24/2022Verified Purchase
Great product , horrible customer service.
The Braava Jet does a good job with regular maintenance cleaning and does a good job of mapping and learning the different rooms. But we had to contact iRobot customer service and found it is nearly impossible. Every time we called the recording said they were experiencing long wait times of over 30 minutes. After holding for 15 – 20 minutes the recording still said the wait was over 30 minutes. When we finally got through to what is apparently a foreign call center the gentleman could not resolve our issue and said would have to escalate our ticket and said someone would contact us within 24-48 hours. After a week we had not heard from anyone and went through the exact same experience trying to get through to someone. When we finally did they said he needed more info to escalate the ticket. We gave him the same info we had given the first service rep and was told someone would be in touch. After another few days I called Amazon and the gentleman there said he had the direct phone number for them and would be happy to assist me. When we called we got the same 30+ minute recording and I said I would wait thinking he would tell me to try back another time. Instead he actually waited on line with me for over 30 minutes to get someone. He stayed on the line while I discussed the issue a 3rd time with another foreign agent and this time the matter was resolved by agreeing to ship a replacement unit which seems to be working fine. We bought both the Braava Jet and the i7 Roomba on prime day and are pleased with both but just be prepared for EXTREMELY long and frustrating holds if you ever need to contact customer service!05/30/2022Verified Purchase
iRobot vacuums are fantastic, but the mops still have a ways to go. Check back in a couple years.
I love my Roomba i7+ and based on that experience I decided to get the Braava jet m6 for mopping my kitchen, dining room and bathrooms. Unfortunately, the Braava jet m6 does not seem nearly as smart as its vacuum cousin, frequently missing areas and being unable to navigate over all but the smallest room divider (threshold) and not at all over carpet. Id suggest unless your home layout meets some very specific criteria (below) you let this technology improve for a couple years before investing the money.
* cleans hardwood floors and tile well
* able to do large areas with little cleaning solution
* works with the roomba vacuums (single app, mop after vacuum mode)
* dust pads + mop after vacuum can lead to cleaner hardwood floors than just the roomba alone
* mapping isnt as good as with the roombas – additionally, the roomba cant share its map of your house with the Braava jet, it needs to make its own (crappier) map
* unable to navigate over all but the smallest room dividers – i believe official docs say it can navigate over thresholds that are 3 mm high (thats not very high…). There is also a newer feature where you can specify where thresholds are to basically make the robot try a little harder to get over it, but it didnt help my situation.
* unable to navigate over carpet – you’ll have to cary it to other areas of your house then carry it back. However…
* placing it in an area and pressing the clean button doesnt seem to work that well – it gets confused often and then panics if it cant get back to its base.
* doesnt navigate weird shaped rooms or obstacles very well
Who would benefit most from this robot as it exists circa 2021
* a home with lots of continuous hardwood/tile floors
* very low, or ideally no, thresholds between rooms
* no carpet between hardwood areas of the house
* very rectangular rooms with few nooks/crannies/angles
At this point i only use this to clean my square, mostly obstacle free dining room which is where the base is located. It does this fairly well. My kitchen is attached to the dining room and if it could navigate over the threshold to clean the kitchen as well i would be fairly satisfied and forgive the limit of not being able to navigate over carpet. As it stands it seems this technology (robot mops) still seems to be in a beta state. I suspect they will get much better over the next 3 years or so and suggest most people hold off until then.05/13/2022Verified Purchase
very happy04/28/2022Verified Purchase