AGSHOME Smart Garage Door Opener Remote (2nd Gen), Universal Wi-Fi Garage Door Controller, wirling-Free, APP Control, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, No Hub Needed
- Be Smart: Make your existing garage door smart. Remote and Voice Control, just tapping the app from anywhere or speaking to your Alexa, Google Assistant,Siri device. To let in your family, guests or couriers through the garage door while you are cooking or not at home. No monthly fee or any other subscription fee!
- Safe and Stable:The smart garage door opener can remind you to close the garage door by detecting the open/close status of the garage door.You can check the opening/closing operation record of the garage door through the APP.
- Accurate and Intelligent: Wireless Wi-Fi Opener comes with a high sensitivity sensor which monitors the status of garage door more accurate and the signal stays stable.If it detects that the car door is open, the smart garage control will open and close the garage door from anywhere via the smartphone via app
- Free Control:You can set your own schedule to automatically open and close the garage door.Check the status of the garage door anytime, anywhere.If you have a courier,you can remotely open the garage door and place your courier.Can be set to automatically open and close the door within a range of 100 meters (currently only supports Apple mobile phones).
- Core Features:Receive garage door open/close status，notifications are included with App at no additional charge,compatible with Alexa,Google Assistant.Only works on 2.4GHz bandwidth.5GHz network is not supported.(If your garage door does not fit the device,please contact us to buy an adapter).
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Item Package Quantity||
|Batteries Type of batteries used|
|Battery Cell Type|
Frequently asked question
I ended up with a different opener, but mine used Smart Life app as well. These are the Siri instructions that came with my opener and I got it work without issue on my iPhone 11. Good luck!
Yes, it does work with Siri. Took me a while but I got it to work. The instructions for configuring it to work with Siri are in the manual that comes with the device. However, the size of the print in the manual makes it hard to read.
Wire it up to the remote
6 reviews for AGSHOME Smart Garage Door Opener Remote (2nd Gen), Universal Wi-Fi Garage Door Controller, wirling-Free, APP Control, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, No Hub Needed
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Pairing wasn’t as easy as expected. Couldn’t auto
Wires to connect to terminal should be a better grade. Price was good. Unit is working as it should. App is also working but auto didn’t work. Set up pairing manually.10/12/2022Verified Purchase
It took a few mins to figure out to make it auto close but it does work great. No more being left open.10/10/2022Verified Purchase
Not ready for future
not ready for new wifi, ie 5G08/05/2022Verified Purchase
Useful device but lots of false notifications
Install- I recall the instructions being adequate, and it was minimal effort to set it up using the app, stick the sensor to the garage door, and figure out where to attach the wires on my opener unit. I have a Chamberlain LiftMaster opener from 2004 with a red program button and the wire terminal points are secured with two screws. My one complaint on install is that the wires from this unit barely had any length of stripped wire (1mm maybe?) to attach to the garage door opener terminals. It would be adequate for a ‘clip-in’ type of wire connection, but I preferred to strip the wires another 1-2mm to be able to secure them behind the screws on my opener. The wire diameter is very small so it’s quite fragile to try to strip further.
Use- I’ve used this device for several months now. What I have found to work well includes: When I want to know the current status of the door from the app, it is accurate, When I’m close to home and want to open the door from the app, it always works, When the door opens or closes, I get a push notification on my phone. I have attached some screenshots of the app since the app interface was something I was unsure about before purchasing. What does not work well: I get many false/redundant push notifications on the door opening or shutting. For example I will be at work and get a notification that the door is shut, when it was already shut at the time I left for work and no other household member is home. It is most often a redundant ‘shut’ notification but I have occasionally gotten false ‘open’ notifications. I have assumed that the sensor on the door is maybe jarred by wind occasionally and causing this, but it can cause unnecessary concern (or alternatively, make you complacent toward the phantom alerts when maybe some day it really is an unauthorized entry).
Alexa integration- I have found this to work well, but be aware that you need to setup a pin # and speak that pin number when using the voice command, at least when opening the door. Ex. ‘Alexa, open the garage door’ ‘what’s your voice code for garage door?’ ‘1234’ ‘OK, opening garage door’. The integration with Alexa requires enabling a skill in the Alexa app.
Overall, I find the usefulness of this device to slightly outweigh the annoyance of the false alerts.07/19/2022Verified Purchase
Works on purple button
Easy install, reliable and works with purple button. 4th one I have installed.07/05/2022Verified Purchase
The manual is 'meh' the product is great.
Ok so after reading the reviews I was expecting some issues. However, the main thing is this the manual is poorly written. Here’s the important thing to note,
Once you have the Smart Life App installed on your phone simply depress the ON/OFF button on the controller for about 5 seconds. The RED light will go out and then blink.
Only then will you see controller in the apps ‘discovered’ devices. Once you see that select it and complete the entry of the home Wifi ID and Password.
As soon as I did that I opened the door sensor and removed the battery insulator and pressed the little teeny tiny pairing button. Once that was done I could point it up or horizontal and see the door position indicator in my Smart Life App. I did this sitting on my living room couch.
Then all I did was simply mount the door sensor and the controller to my opener, which is a LiftMaster jackstaff unit mounted on the wall next to my door.
I set up an event rule to make sure my door was closed at 10PM, which I have been known to forget to do. That was my primary need for this device.
Works great!04/09/2022Verified Purchase