Lutron Caséta Weatherproof+ Outdoor Smart Plug On/Off Switch | Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Ring, Apple HomeKit (smart hub required) | for Landscape and String Lighting | PD-15OUT-BL | Black
- MEET YOUR SMART YARD: Experience the delight of returning to a home alive with light, perfect for patio string lights, landscape lights, holiday lights (up to 1,000 ft!), pond or fountain pumps, and more
- BUILT TO LAST: Polycarbonate body, and fully protected internal electronics, make for a smart outdoor plug that just works – year after year
- WEATHERPROOF+: IP66 rated, built to protect against even the most severe rainfall, dust, and dirt
- CONTROL YOUR WAY: Caséta puts the smarts in the switch so you can control your lights a variety of ways – via the free Lutron app, your voice, with a wireless Pico remote, or from the switch itself (Caséta Smart Hub, L-BDG2-WH, required, Pico sold separately)
- ULTRA-RELIABLE AND ULTRA-FAST: Uses Clear Connect technology (not Wi-Fi), so your connection is strong and responsive, and avoids issues like Wi-Fi drop out and lag (Caséta Smart Hub required)
- WORKS WITH: Add a Caséta Smart Hub (L-BDG2-WH) to use with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Ring, and more
- TOSS THE TIMER: Unlike traditional timers, the outdoor smart plug stays on the right time year-round, even as the seasons change and with Daylight Savings (Caséta Smart Hub required)
- ADD A SWITCH: For added convenience, use with the wireless Pico remote (PJ2-2B-GXX-L01) to turn your lights on/off with the touch of a button from anywhere around the home – no Caséta Smart Hub required
- TECHNICAL DETAILS: 120V, works with up to 15A LED fixtures or ½ horsepower motors, for best performance, mount within 30 feet of Caséta Smart Hub
- Includes: (1) Caséta Outdoor Smart Plug, Pico remote and Caséta Smart Hub sold separately
Device detailed description
Introducing the newest member of the Caséta by Lutron family: the Caséta Weatherproof+ Outdoor Smart Plug. The Caséta Outdoor Smart Plug is IP66-rated, which means it is protected against dust, dirt, and even the most severe rainfall. Cords on both ends of the plug fully seal the water out, also making the Caséta Outdoor Smart Plug the first outdoor smart plug with a polymer core that fully protects its internal electronics. It is built to last, rated to withstand temperatures from -4 to 122 F, and its black, polycarbonate body delivers long-term durability and UV resistance.
Smart home – meet your smart yard. With the Lutron Caséta Smart Hub (L-BDG2-WH, sold separately), you can toss your traditional timer – effortlessly schedule and control your outdoor lights year-round, without any need for manual adjustments. The plug will not lose its place as the sun rises and sets, as the seasons change, and as you gain or lose an hour with Daylight Savings. The plug is perfect for landscape lighting, patio string lighting/holiday lights (1,000s of ft of LED and 100s of ft of incandescent), as well as inflatables, and small pumps and motors (up to ½ HP).
You can also add a Lutron Caséta Smart Hub (sold separately) to unlock smart control of your Outdoor Smart Plug. The Plug works with Alexa, the Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Ring, and more. Control the plug in a variety of ways, via your preferred voice assistant, the Lutron app, or a Pico remote (sold separately).
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Country of Origin|
|Color Available colors|
|Item Package Quantity||
1 year limited
20.5 x 2.13 x 1.5 inches
(1) Lutron Caseta Outdoor Smart Plug
Frequently asked question
There is not an indoor version of the ( PD-15OUT-BL ), however you can use it indoors if you would like. We do however have an indoor plug-in appliance module, model number MRF2-15APS-1-SW, that is 15amp rated, and can be controlled with a Pico remote, however it cannot be part of a Caseta System.
The PD-15OUT-BL will pair to the Lutron Smart Bridge (L-BDG2-WH) which can utilize either 2.4 or 5Ghz networks.
The center components is 6.875 inches long. For more information and dimensions, please visit https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/3691195.pdf
The PD-15OUT is rated for 15A of switching. Three 75W LED strip lighting equated to less than 2A. Yes, the Pico remotes can be paired to the PD-15OUT.
6 reviews for Lutron Caséta Weatherproof+ Outdoor Smart Plug On/Off Switch | Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Ring, Apple HomeKit (smart hub required) | for Landscape and String Lighting | PD-15OUT-BL | Black
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Nice so far
So far so good. Works just as advertised.09/07/2022Verified Purchase
Expensive compared to competitors for what it does.
It’s nice and solid quality, but I know there’s nothing special going on with these when many other brands do the same. I’d say the positive is using their own frequency, long distance channels, keeps them off of your wi-fi so less devices taking up the precious signals. But, Lutron, come on, such a difficult closed system to work with the RA2 protocols. Need some API for integrators.08/22/2022Verified Purchase
Solid build quality - nicely water sealed.
Like most Caseta stuff, this is priced at the higher end of its market, but it is a nicely put together package, that seems like it’d take a decent soaking. The ‘line lump’ style is great since it separates the outlets from the device, offering more layout flexibility when attached to walls, and an option for water sealing the couplings, which is not the case with the standard sockets-at-the-bottom devices.
I can’t speak to its range, I happen to have a caseta lamp dimmer on the opposite side of the wall, so mine is only a few feet away from the mesh.08/11/2022Verified Purchase
Very solid, but finicky
After having returned a couple of less robust outdoor wifi-enabled smart plugs that just didn’t work, thought I’d give this very pricey option a try. Although it’s a bit bulky, the unit feels very solid, should indeed survive Ohio winters. But as the product description more or less makes clear, there is no scheduling/ remote function built in to the unit, you must buy the Lutron Caseta Bridge to get that. So I did that, too, bringing the combo price to around $160. Better be built like a tank for that price!
The Bridge installation was anything but easy, resulting in the one-star rating there. The Bridge saw my wifi but refused to accept the password to connect, and so could not load the software update that is required for operation. I got online with the Lutron chat rep, who very patiently went through a 45-minute process first to get the Bridge to connect to my network, then to be seen by the Lutron servers. Finally got it up and running after many steps. So five stars for Lutron service, but that kind of odyssey should never have been necessary to get the ‘smart’ plug to do what it is supposed to do in the first place. Oh, and the schedule programming is a bit wonky – you have to create one entry to turn the device on, then another one with a different name to turn it off. Would never have understood this without the chat rep’s help.
So if you have the patience to endure what could be a prolonged setup process, this is a great unit. If you want ease of operation, maybe you’ll be luckier than I was, maybe not.07/13/2022Verified Purchase
Works well with my home control system. Was super easy to connect.07/12/2022Verified Purchase
I love Lutron Caseta items!
I used this outside in a cabana for string lights. It’s perfect – I added a pick remote to it so I have a “switch” for the lights, or I can use the phone app. Easy to setup, simple to use. Love it!04/02/2022Verified Purchase