YoLink Smart Wireless Water Valve Controller, with Bulldog Valve Robot, Easy DIY Installation, LoRa 1/4 Mile Long-Range, Alexa/Google Assistant, IFTTT – YoLink Hub Required
- Industry-leading Bulldog Ball Valve Manipulator: Easy DIY no-plumber-required installation. High torque motor for years of dependable service. Compatible with standard ball valves, pipe size ½, ¾, 1, 1 ½ inch (2-inch with optional bracket)
- YoLink Smart Valve Controller: Combined with the Bulldog Manipulator, makes your water shut off smart. Know and control the status of your water valve using the convenient YoLink app, any time, from anywhere (YoLink Hub is REQUIRED).
- No Wi-Fi, No Internet, No Power? No Problem! Only YoLink’s unique Control device-to-device pairing offers operation through the loss of Wi-Fi, internet even AC power! Add YoLink smart water leak sensors to complete your AUTOMATIC YoLink Smart Water Solution.
- Start Smart! Don’t buy a standalone water leak alarm if you can instead start the foundation of your new smart home! The Hub is compatible with a growing ecosystem of smart devices, including home security, smart locks, lighting & power control, temperature, humidity monitoring, thermostat, sprinkler controllers and more!
- Scalable, from Single-Family to High-Rise Condos, and powered by LoRa, YoLink offers industry-leading long-range (up to ¼ mile!) and capacity (300+ devices per Hub), add as many Hubs as needed, to expand capacity and range!
- Works With Alexa & Google Voice Assistants: Supercharge your YoLink system by adding the YoLink skill to Alexa or Google Assistant. Control your YoLink devices by voice command (“Alexa, turn off the valve” – “OK!”) and control your YoLink devices as part of routines/automation that may include other, third-party, smart devices integrated with Alexa/Google.
- REQUIREMENTS, COMPATIBILITY & PACKAGE CONTENTS: YOLINK HUB IS REQUIRED! Not included, Please search B07TQLKQLJ for the Hub. PACKAGE CONTENTS: (1) YoLink Water Valve Controller, (1) Bulldog Valve Manipulator, (1) Quick Start Guide
Features and specification
|Integration Supported smart home integration|
|Interface Smart device connectivity interface|
|Manufacturer Smart device manufacturer|
|Batteries Type of batteries used|
|Battery Cell Type|
Frequently asked question
The main controller is powered by the 4 AA batteries, it doesn't need to be connected to the power outlet. Thanks!
Yes, it fits on 1 1/4 inch pipe(Threaded or Solder), you need to use HC2XL bracket which is included in the package. Thanks!
I think you can mount it in any direction as you want as far as you have enough space. The only thing you need to know is the Bulldog is not water proof, so you need to protect it from getting water.
Yes, the hub can support more than 1 valve controller. Thanks!
6 reviews for YoLink Smart Wireless Water Valve Controller, with Bulldog Valve Robot, Easy DIY Installation, LoRa 1/4 Mile Long-Range, Alexa/Google Assistant, IFTTT – YoLink Hub Required
06 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 0 customer(s)
Wait for a more powerful unit.
I got started with YoSmart via their very clever water leak detection system utilizing LoRa radio technology, which has amazing range with very low power consumption. The YoSmart detection system is first rate and gets a big thumbs up from me. However, if a leak is detected, it just notifies you, which is geat but doesn’t help if you’re not at home. So I bought this shutoff valve controller.
HOWEVER, this water shutoff valve controller is not ready for prime time. YoSmart doesn’t make this, but adapted another company’s shutoff device to their detection technology. It is just not powerful enough to reliably shut off the valve in my home, which in my experience with multiple other shutoff valves over the years, is tight but nor overly so. I can turn it on and off by hand with moderate effort and I’m 73 years old with a bad wrist. The controller, however struggled to s-l-o-w-l-y turn it part way and then gave up. And this is with fresh batteries.
In addition, the mounting system for the valve is not robust enough even if the motor was, twisting noticeably as the motor tried to turn the valve. Which brings up another fault- to get the clamp tight enough on the water pipe to stay in position during operation requires a LOT of torque on the screws- it has to be really tight. But the screw is a #3 Philips and most people don’t have a beefy #3 screwdriver. I have 20-30 philips screwdrivers scattered around my home & shop and only one is a #3, which I’ve used at most once a year. In addition, Philips screws are not good at applying torque- they tend to cam out and ruin the screw.
What should be used is hex head bolts with a cheap hex wrench included. Then torquing the screws is a piece of cake (I know because I bought hex bolts in order to be able to tighten the mounts sufficiently so they wouldn’t move when the motor tried (unsuccessfully) to turn the valve).
In speaking to YoSmart about my issues, they indicated that an improved higher torque version is coming out in November. I’m sufficiently impressed with their other technology to wait and try that when it becomes available. But this valve is being returned.10/10/2022Verified Purchase
This works! As Advertised!
I had a water softener meltdown while away and incurred a huge water bill and have been freaked for weeks. I installed the YoLink valve yesterday and have been putting it through its paces. It really works. I have cycled the water valve about 30 times, testing the app and the sensors and the devices work as anticipated every time. My spouse was VERY skeptical that this was a solution, she is now a huge fan. Installation was not quite as easy as shown in the videos, but it was not awful. Setting up the app was easy, it is well though out with plenty of opportunity for customization but not a lot of clutter. Tech support was great both pre-sale and with a question during install. This is a quality solution for about 30% the cost of the top rated automated water valves.09/24/2022Verified Purchase
Smart technology to protect your home
I purchased a Smart Wireless Water Valve Controller and returned it because it wasn’t strong enough to manipulate the water valve in our house. I upgraded to the Yolink Smart Bulldog valve controller and I have nothing but good things to say.
I took two videos, one above demonstrating how well this device works with the Yolink leak detection system. I also made a second video that I couldn’t post because of Amazon limitations on uploads. This video shows how less than one gallon of water flowed through the system before the valve was shut off.
Every sensor was tested and each event I received both an email and text message of the actions within in seconds of the trigger.
This is smart technology that is relatively inexpensive and will save you thousand of dollars and endless grief in the event of a water leak. I now have 32 Yolink devices installed on three properties for water detection, they are all easily manged on the YolInk app. Tech support has been very responsive with my questions regarding programming, there are also YouTube demos. This company deserves 6 stars.06/23/2022Verified Purchase
amazing customer service
There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about this product. It took a couple of tries to get the system up and running, but after a call to the company,it was running smoothly. The customer service is amazing. They walk you through the steps your not sure of, until it becomes clear. I did a lot of research on this before I ordered it. The positive reviews are what sold me on this product. I showed the system to a friend the day I installed it, and he ordered it for his vacation home05/05/2022Verified Purchase
It does the job
It took a while to get the right parts so it would fit on to our incoming water pipe. Finally, it is installed and the app opens and closes it. Sometimes it is showing in the app as open but is really closed. The app has a lot of alerts and fine tuning which takes a while to finally get it to react correctly to the sensors input.04/24/2022Verified Purchase
Needs stronger attachment system.
Anchoring not strong or adjustable, seems to struggle when performing. Moves up and down.04/09/2022Verified Purchase